DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 6-9-14

MGFanJay

I'd like Miz in the Shield because look how fucking dickish people are being about Cena teaming up with the shield against guys he's already feuding with.

Yeah, I don't get the bitching about Cena being the partner. It made perfect sense.

1. Cena's been feuding with the Wyatts

2. The Shield/ HHH angle is the main event right now so the top guy should be the partner . If this was 1987 it'd have been Hogan.

I'd like Miz in the Shield because look how fucking dickish people are being about Cena teaming up with the shield against guys he's already feuding with.

Yeah, I don't get the bitching about Cena being the partner. It made perfect sense.

1. Cena's been feuding with the Wyatts

2. The Shield/ HHH angle is the main event right now so the top guy should be the partner . If this was 1987 it'd have been Hogan.

And he'd be Kidmanning Rollins.

As someone who complained about it on the twittah, Cena has pretty much been the face of the company for a decade, with relatively little character development.  Even his fired up, serious promos have gotten stale and generic.

Hogan is obviously the closest comparison to the longevity and staleness of character of Cena, but even then, that was in an era of the Big Four PPVs and pre-RAW, so Cena is even more over-exposed than Hogan was.  With there being so many new, exciting acts in the WWE, the last thing I personally want to see is Cena added to the Shield feud, making fun of Rollins' lisp or blonde streak (ok, that would be ok) or acting as a big brother, taking up for Daniel Bryan.  The Wyatt feud could have been something different, but a) we've seen dark Cena before and b.) we got "Ha-ha, you look like a parrothead" Cena.

The Cena angle I wanted to see was Cena winning the MITB briefcase while an injured Daniel Bryan was champ and Bray Wyatt cackling that Cena would prove Wyatt right by opportunistically cashing in the briefcase, with a bunch of Cena/Bryan/other vs Wyatts matches.  Cena would steadfastly refuse to cash it in and once again give his opponent (probably whoever beats Bryan) advance notice that he was cashing it in, successfully this time.