DVDVR Message Board

BallIsLife.Com All-Time $15 Fantasy Draft (as seen on Numbers Never Lie)

Skelemania

I thought someone else might find this entertaining. It can create some debate. I assume that website is the ones that came up with the prices as they sort of seem to be based on popularity more than anything else. Anyway, here is the picture:

HF8hYh3.jpg

(I hope that image is big enough for everyone to be able to read it OK, I couldn't find a higher resolution picture of it on Twitter)

Anyway, it's pretty straight forward. You have $15 total. You have to select one person from each position. You can't go over your $15.

So here's my five:

PG - John Stockton ($2)
SG - Michael Jordan ($5)
SF - Larry Bird ($4)

PF - Tim Duncan ($3)
C - Hakeem Olajuwon ($1)
TOTAL: $15

I might have taken Chris Paul for $1. The list is really lacking in speedy little guards.

Or, in that vein, Derrick Rose, so long as he came with a money-back guarantee.

Then he wouldn't be Derrick Rose. I'm kind of surprised Hakeem is the $1 center.

Magic - $5

Wade - $1

Dr. J - $3

Mailman - $5

Hakeem - $1

I might have taken Chris Paul for $1. The list is really lacking in speedy little guards.

Or, in that vein, Derrick Rose, so long as he came with a money-back guarantee.

Pete Maravich would have been a fun option at SG, too.

• Like 2

Magic(5)

Jordan(5)

Pippen(1)

Garnett (1)

Shaq(1)

And the 2 bucks left over go towards administrative expenses. 

Obviously you have can't win in this league with out 2 5Dollar players. Magic and Jordan are clearly top priority. After that I went with Pippen defending the outside and Garnett and Shaq fucking your world up on the inside. 

I'm pretty sure the bylaws' fine print states that all excess payroll monies go into the league revenue sharing fund aka beer money.

....Well this works for me. I mean. We all know that's where my money was going anyway.

Hack-a-Shaq can't be a problem on these teams. He's not the primary or even secondary scoring option, so he doesn't have to be fed the ball a lot. I just expect him to take up space and put the ball back a lot. 

And there's only five players. You can't waste fouls on Shaq man. Can you imagine getting into foul trouble and then having to guard Magic and Jordan? You're fucked.

PG Frazier

SG Wade

SF Lebron even though I'd really like to choose Doc

PF Duncan

C Hakeem

Some really weird price choices on there. Hakeem and Wade for a dollar, no Baylor at all, Duncan at $3, Russell for $4. Bizarre.

• Like 1

C- Bill Russell ($4)

PF- Tim Duncan ($3) 

SF- Scottie Pippen ($1)

PG- John Stockton ($2)

SG- Michael Jordan ($5)

Between Jordan, Russell, and Duncan- the intangibles will win it all.. Stockton sets everyone up, Pippen already knows his role better than most there.

EDIT: Maybe Dewar picked it too- but you never said everyone had to pick a different team...