DVDVR Message Board

Anyone play Godus? is it worth 9.99 on the steam sale?

I haven't played it, but everything I've heard about it says it's awful at the moment. It sounds like it's a nice art style with barely any game attached to it, and mainly involves pointlessly clicking on things. You can buy much better stuff with £10/$10, might be wiser to hang on for now and keep an eye on whether more positive feedback starts coming out for it, if ever.

Anyone play Godus? is it worth 9.99 on the steam sale?

I haven't played it, but everything I've heard about it says it's awful at the moment. It sounds like it's a nice art style with barely any game attached to it, and mainly involves pointlessly clicking on things. You can buy much better stuff with £10/$10, might be wiser to hang on for now and keep an eye on whether more positive feedback starts coming out for it, if ever.

Thanks I didnt pick it up but its still on my list.

On my second toon with Skyrim, a Dunmer thief/assassin, and she kicks all kinds of ass. I'm already level 33 and I've barely scratched the surface on the big quest lines.

Path of Exile really has my attention as well. It's a better D2 clone than Torchlight, IMO.

I keep looking at my pile of unplayed Playstation games, and really should get on that at some point...

SSX from 2012 can fuck off. So bloody infuriating with its pit falls, trap doors and the stupid way it doesnt sign post them

And then its a beautiful game, filled with simplicity and perfection. You hit the ultimate run...racking up points combos like theres no tomorrow. You're decimating your opposition, hitting sweet lines and nailing every jump.

I loveloathe you, SSX. And i cant stop playing.

Either that, or I'm shit at it.

Batllefield 4 is essentially broken. That after Arkham Origins makes me think someone should probably be suing these fucking twats.

It's already been tried and flopped. 

Thanks to it being free with PS+, gave Grid 2 a try.  Only put about 15 or 20 minutes into it, so this is a REALLY limited statement of my thoughts.  The graphics are excellent as one would expect from a late-lifecycle racing title.  The interface is weird in that the game immediately takes you right into a race with no menus or anything when you first fire it up.  There's a million interlude/cutscene screens to get past and then, boom, you're racing.  Just a simple overlay of the basic controls on-screen and that's it.  Handling feels really loose with the car oversteering all the time.  I did finally get a bit accustomed to it after a lot of failed attempts and managed to take 2nd place in that initial race.  Obviously, I (and my car) need a lot of work in that area.  So far, though, impressions are very positive.  This looks like the mostly-arcade racer I've been looking for.  I've got Split/Second - which is AWESOME, btw - but that's got stunts and bombs and so on.  I don't like the so-realistic-it's-not-realistic style of Gran Turismo.  I don't like the mission-based nonsense of Midnight Club.  I just want tracks, even if they're in cities, and racing with reasonable physics and great graphics.  This looks to be just that.  Just a bit of an upgrade over Ridge Racer 7, my previous go-to title ;)

Batllefield 4 is essentially broken. That after Arkham Origins makes me think someone should probably be suing these fucking twats.

How so?

Can't connect to servers very often, and when I do it lasts around 2 minutes. Known issue too, it's all over the forums and twitter. Origins has a bunch of bugs.

Can't connect to servers very often, and when I do it lasts around 2 minutes. Known issue too, it's all over the forums and twitter. Origins has a bunch of bugs.

Huh. You get it for PC or PS3? I haven't had any issues yet, but haven't put a tonne of time into it.

Beat Eternal Sonata on Xbox 360. To me, one of the best Xbox 360 games and RPG's from this past gen (although assfax may not like that sort of game).

I've got that for PS3, I'll have to give it a spin.

It's worth your time and the battle system is totally unique. Unlike a lot of RPG's I've played, the bosses in the game are not too overpowering even if you overlevel.

Just beat Galaga Legions DX. It is a fun game that holds your hand all the way through. If you get stuck on a level you can watch video of the top tier players playing the level from the leaderboard. The Championship Time Attack level 5 is by far the hardest level of the game but I was able to polish it off with 16 seconds to spare. Once I made it to the final wave I was not going to be denied. I am looking forward to Resogun which seems to be a similar game.

Let's see, what have I been up to?  Mostly games that're hard to describe without flat declarative statements that they'e more of the same but still fun.

Zelda: Link Between Worlds--It's a 2d Zelda game.  I'm about halfway through (2 of 7 Sages), having fun, but I'm not really feeling super motivated.  I'm not crazy about the whole mechanic of renting, then buying your items from a single location rather than acquiring one new subweapon per dungeon.  It's not just that it "feels wrong" but that, given the relatively large amount of money the game throws at you early on, you can basically walk off with everything in the game but the Titan's Mitt and Sand Rod before you're 1/4 of the way in.

Space Harrier 3DS--It's Space Harrier.  If you haven't figured out in the last 28 years whether you like that game or not, I donno what to tell you.  But along with Joust and Ys 1+2, it's a game I will re-purchase every time it gets released for a new system.  The option to "simulate" the deluxe hydraulic arcade cabinet by having the screen tilt from side to side 

Ultimate MVC3 (Vita): Good on-the-bus game.  One day I'll actually finish a stage in Heralds and Heroes.

I'm also doing Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Just finished the Thieves' Hideout dungeon -- yeah, I'm not really feeling the game either because it seems more like a fan-made ROM than a full-on sequel to one of the greatest games ever. The Thieves' Hideout dungeon and boss are great though, so I imagine the game will get better.

In addition, trying to do more with GTAV (just finished meeting Stretch as Franklin).

I haven't finished RE: Revelations yet because of being swamped with work and picking up a 3DS, which has resulted in me playing the shit out of several games.

-LInk's Awakening. One of my favorite Game Boy games as a kid. Not sure if it was because I played it so much or because it's really easy, but I managed to beat the game in something like four days with only six deaths. It only took me 15 seconds to beat the Turtle Rock boss. Incredibly fun, but the overall difficulty level simply wasn't there.

I also picked up Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons on the VC. I'm very early into Ages, but it's as fun as I remembered.

-Super Mario 3D Land. Very fun little Mario game, but I'm not really sure it's worth the $30 I paid for it. It just kind of feels like running in place.

-Pokemon X. Still verrrrrrrrrrrry early into this one (haven't even played the first gym yet), but the graphics are stunning and the sheer amount of Pokemon in the early going is a nice shift from past games, where the tall grass would be nothing but 3-4 different ones for the first few routes.

I also picked up a Link Between Worlds, AC4, and NCAA14, but haven't touched any of them yet. Might be a little while, honestly.