DVDVR Message Board

That is how language has worked forever. What you are speaking would hardly be recognizable to a English speaker from 500 years ago,Language is not some sort of game meant to trip up the user. It is suppose to make communicating simpler. 

• Like 1

That is how language has worked forever. What you are speaking would hardly be recognizable to a English speaker from 500 years ago,Language is not some sort of game meant to trip up the user. It is suppose to make communicating simpler. 

FIGURATIVELY is right there! It loves you and wants to have (figuratively) 10,000 of your babies, America.

• Like 1

Spoiler warning:  Improper slang use always wins out over the language purists.  This debate is centuries old in English, and the end results are always in favor of common usage over proper usage.

So, this will literally be the way it is going forward, and in a few decades, or maybe a century, nobody will even know it was wrong once.

• Like 1

It's simpler for a word to have two exact opposite meanings?

That's true, but this particular change is pretty lame. Next, they'll allow "libary" and "Wensday."

Fuck you, new version of Firefox disabling the ability to turn Java on/off at one click, and the ability to turn off loading all images at one click. Good job killing your single best features.

God bless this add on, but still I shouldn't need to grab it. Removing good stuff for no reason. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/quickjava/

Natural, I am very sorry to hear about your mother. I can't imagine having had to watch my own late mother waste away. You are a good man. So please stay strong, Do whatever gives you comfort. Parents are stronger than we give them credit for. My thoughts are with you.

• Like 1

Natural, I am very sorry to hear about your mother. I can't imagine having had to watch my own late mother waste away. You are a good man. So please stay strong, Do whatever gives you comfort. Parents are stronger than we give them credit for. My thoughts are with you.

Thank you and I'm sorry about your Mother.