DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

I just want Johnny Sorrow to do the RAW report podcast. He catches shit that I miss on the storytelling. I'm more like Alvarez these days where I can't remember what happened the week before.

"Catches" is a nice way to put it. I like to call it "acid flashbacks."

• Like 1

Any wrestling fan should have encountered a fuckton of wrestling fans away from the internet anyway- BY GOING TO SHOWS

Not that I've been to one since the Summerslam with Hunter/Brock, but still

I'd love to go to more LA area shows... but the Juggalos, man...

Just an interesting little nugget I read in a back-issue Observer:

"The numbers we were given was that DiBiase wanted $100,000 to $125,000 for a 100-date deal and WCW didn't want to make that commitment which should tell you something about future contract negotiations with a lot of wrestlers because there aren't a lot of DiBiase-calibre performers in this country. He was also told his first match back would be a 30:00 draw with Dustin Rhodes in a U.S. title match at the Halloween Havoc PPV show (which would have replaced the scheduled Steve Austin in the spot), which he apparently didn't feel like was the appropriate way to begin with a new promotion."

Apparently had the money been right, he was considering it but WCW lowballed him. He retired two months after Dave reported this when he got hurt in AJPW, I believe.

Another funny thing from the same newsletter:

"WWF reportedly sent WWN a legal threatening letter about usage of the initials."

Funny how things turn out, right?

• Like 1

It's not the ISP's fault if your wife picks up the phone while your trying to download.

Damn it.  I thought of a good dial-up joke last night, and was going to post it this morning, but you've beaten me to it.

The most important thing in comtiming.edy is

I thought it was the actual observer site email that was down and not Juno.

--For the time being, please send all e-mails to me to [email protected]  If you sent anything to [email protected] or [email protected], since Wednesday morning, I would not have received it.  We're working on getting this fixed but for now if you've sent anything, please send it again.

there's always some type of wacky issue when you have your own .com email account.

Edited by AlfredoE

• 2 weeks later...