DVDVR Message Board

WWE Presents Chicago Chants CM Punk for 3 Hours

Dolfan in NYC

BTW - Don't forget Aaron Paul is Guest Host tonight

oh and 

Cody Rhodes ‏@CodyRhodesWWE  21m

Guys pandering to tonight's crowd outta' fear is blahhh...if you've been good to CHI and you're worth a damn, they'll be good to you. #RAW

How many re-writes is going to have tonight? Is Batista going to cut another 'I Love This Business' promo as a last ditch effort to save the show? Does Daniel Bryan get a title shot at Orton tonight? Will Stephanie and /or HHH  have to 'tend  to other business' to help explain their absence.

I have my conductor's hat on and I'm prepared for the train wreck.

"THANK YOU JESSE" is a lazy chant. At least dig a little deeper and go with "GUEST HOST, BITCH!" or "YOU KILLED TODD."

Also, I'm guessing it's Santino in a backstage skit wearing the Heisenberg hat and glasses. Maaaaaybe Goldust.

• Like 1

That chant sheet can't be a real thing, right?

Here you go. https://twitter.com/ChicagoRAWcrowd

For the people like Fallacy! who believe it's "a few people in one city"...  This terrible shit is everywhere. 10,000 followers in a few days.

Never said that. I said shitting on the Wyatt/Reigns match was a random occurrence that happened on one show in one city, not indicitive of the entire "WWE Universe". But continue arguing against your strawmen. You're making a good habit out of that.

At this point, it's just a fucking Twitter page. Chicago is always a smarky city anyway. Whether they do or don't chant shit has nothing to do with Twitter, so I don't see why you're getting so worked up over it. I would wager less than half the people following that page will actually be at the show.

• Like 1

BhxCrWGCUAAy5bo.jpg

I dunno, if I was getting that angry about a TV show I'd probably just give up on it. Like I did with Raw for a while.

If all you can do is be really negative at such a fun time in-ring then I don't even know. I get being miffed about a couple of little things, but not so annoyed as to try and write up a manifesto of chants. And what's worse is that all the chants are really fucking hackneyed. At least come up with something more interesting than Same Old Shit.

I imagine most people would look at that and just roll their eyes & assume the person w/ said fliers was "slow." No one in their right mind would stand up & literally turn around, turning their back, on performers for which they paid money to watch. That's just idiotic on so many levels it makes my fucking head hurt.

I don't see what is so bad about that "cheat sheet" for chanting. Whoever created it is basically just asking people to shit on HHH/Orton/Batista, which the crowd was probably going to do anyway. Other than that, they're encouraging people to chant for CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, which the crowd was probably going to do anyway. They're also trying to make sure everyone gives the proper attention/love to the Shield/Wyatt's match - just in case the crowd wasn't planning to do that anyway.

What the fuck is so bad about that? I have never seen a group get so offended at people having fun at a pro wrestling show like the posters of DVDVR do.

• Like 1

I don't watch raw for the shitty fans, them trying to get themselves over us embarrassing. And of course its because Punk is a miserable twat. And of course it's Chicago.

I would agree with you about crowds that try to get themselves over (ex: chanting for random announcers during a match), but that doesn't seem to be the case here. It seems like the goal of that sheet is to chant for the people they like and want to see elevated in the company, and shit on those they don't like and are tired of. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Greggulator actually hit the nail on the head. It's like watching a Duke game at Cameron Indoor Stadium when WWE gets a crowd like this. Much more fun than when they run Omaha, Nebraska or some bumfuck town like that.

I'd love it if Punk was either part of the dark match OR the Dark Main Event

Nah.   Under a mask jobbing to 3MB in a match taped for Superstars that you can barely see in the background during the Preshow.  

Then it gets edited out of Superstars.