DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR MARCH MADNESS '14: GLOBAL WARFARE

jaedmc

Virus is poised to make a Gonzaga/Butler/Wichita State run in the tournament. Things could get really interesting for CMLL's biggest little man.

He's got Goldust next round. The happy train ends there.

Blue Panther however is in PRIME position to make a run, potentially all the way to the final 4. I honestly think he beats Cena to got to the elite 8.

Has Bryan really been the "best in the world" for the last four years? I got back into NJPW in early 2012 and have only limited knowledge of lucha. I've kept up with ROH but have been in and out on other independents.

I'm not disputing Bryan's greatness just wondering... looking back.. if he's been the best all four years.

I'd say so, particularly 2012 and 2013. Cesaro has the best chance of stopping Bryan winning again. Wouldn't be surprised if he does.

Pleasantly surprised at the number of votes the NJPW wrestlers are getting. Don't like Ambrose beating Okada and I like Ambrose.

So yesterday - 3 matches had at least one guy from the WWE in it. Each of those had over a 100 votes.

The 4th matchup had 65 votes

30+ of you suck

On the one hand, they suck for not watching more rasslin'. On the other hand, it means people who don't know what the hell is going on won't cast a vote. 

On the one hand, they suck for not watching more rasslin'. On the other hand, it means people who don't know what the hell is going on won't cast a vote. 

In this specific case - they aren't watching Virus, thus they suck

• Like 2

I would have never guessed that "pissed off Japan defender Dank" would have been the best part of this tournament.

I'm just gonna stay away from the Shibata vs Wagner thread.

I know. It can be hard. You've been here a long time. The world's changed around you and you're left standing on the mountain where we all once were screaming at us from the distance, wondering where it all went wrong. We feel your pain.

• Like 1

I don't think that is universal though.  I haven't voted in any of the threads if I haven't watched enough of one of the guys to have an opinion.  I honestly couldn't tell you who had a better year between Kenta and Blue Panther, because I don't think I've watched either of them wrestle.  I also refrained from the Shibata vs. Wagner match, because even though I know Shibata was insanely good last year, I don't even know what Wagner looks like.  This may be a dumb question, but is Wagner Dr. Wagner? 

I would have never guessed that "pissed off Japan defender Dank" would have been the best part of this tournament.

It's weird, and I'm gonna sounds all nutty, but this year's defense of New Japan guys makes me feel like I'm talking to people about climate change. I'm open to it and even agree with aspects of it, but the more they tell me 99% of fans agree that Wrestler A has 97% chance of being the real deal thus making it a FACT, the more I tune out.

Don't tell me what light bulbs to buy.

• Like 1

It's weird, and I'm gonna sounds all nutty, but this year's defense of New Japan guys makes me feel like I'm talking to people about climate change. I'm open to it and even agree with aspects of it, but the more they tell me 99% of fans agree that Wrestler A has 97% chance of being the real deal thus making it a FACT, the more I tune out.

Would it be fair to refer to our Japanophile brethren as the Green Tea Party?

If you can't accept that Okada is factually better than Ambrose as a wrestler and that anyone that watches a couple of his matches would inevitably agree and stop enjoying what they like, then I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 1

If you can't accept that Okada is factually better than Ambrose as a wrestler and that anyone that watches a couple of his matches would inevitably agree and stop enjoying what they like, then I don't know what to tell you.

Then might I suggest you just be quiet? Wrestling is an art form, subjective, and people like different aspects and different styles. They look for different qualities in what they enjoy. 

Then might I suggest you just be quiet? Wrestling is an art form, subjective, and people like different aspects and different styles. They look for different qualities in what they enjoy. 

I'm all for variety and difference in style, as long as everyone acknowledges that the NJPW style is number one and the best.

• Like 2

I'm all for variety and difference in style, as long as everyone acknowledges that the NJPW style is number one and the best.

Obviously enacting Godwin's law would be a mercy killing here.