DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR MARCH MADNESS '14: GLOBAL WARFARE

jaedmc

So I'm going to give people a little bit to lay some arguments down, if they want, before polls open.

If it doesn't matter or people don't care for it, we'll go back to the old way of me just opening polls from the get go tomorrow.

Oh, I should say this now before things kick off in the morning. As a part of an experiment, I'm completely disconnecting from the internet for two weeks after this ends. So don't fuck this up for me before I go.

You are not allowed to leave until you send me a 50s Ballot

Anyone got any Adam Cole that ain't from 2009?  Because he just looks like Indy Nerd #1,933 from that stuff.

Ugh, I gotta look into this.  The argument for Cole would be that he's a better promo and a better heel than his esteemed opponent.

Let's be honest here, the argument for Cole would be "I feel pity because he's being crushed by Cesaro"

I gotta decide if I'm going full troll with my defense.  Cesaro can't help himself from using flashy power moves even though he's supposed to be a heel!  His compulsion to get himself over leads to fans chanting "We The People" after another racist Zeb Coulter diatribe!  It makes us all look bad!

So, are the polls supposed to be up? Am I doing it wrong?

So I'm going to give people a little bit to lay some arguments down, if they want, before polls open.

If it doesn't matter or people don't care for it, we'll go back to the old way of me just opening polls from the get go tomorrow.

They'll open in about an hour and a half.

Tough draw for Cole. He single handedly made his iron man match at PWG with Calihan watchable with COWARDLY HEEL ANTICS. The crowd was super burned out, and he kept figuring out heelish ways to keep everyone awake and reacting.

KEEPING AUDIENCES AWAKE IS PRO WRESTLING

Okay so the polls are officially opened. I'm thinking I'm not going to do it like this tomorrow. Mostly for selfish reasons, like not wanting to have to fool with it after I post the thread.

Sting was the #1 babyface during WCW's peak. I don't give a shit if he was or wasn't wrestling..  his story arc is what gave people (the people who didn't side with the nWo) hope that WCW could eventually overcome this dark period in history. The pops he got during this time period when things eventually got physical were deafening.

Without a clear hero lurking in the dark, the nWo runs its course a lot sooner. Things also would have been far different if Starrcade '97 wasn't an abomination in booking.

Only STING could have been that guy. He was WCW. The idea that he wasn't important is absurd.

• Like 1

Sting was the #1 babyface during WCW's peak. I don't give a shit if he was or wasn't wrestling..  his story arc is what gave people (the people who didn't side with the nWo) hope that WCW could eventually overcome this dark period in history. The pops he got during this time period when things eventually got physical were deafening.

Without a clear hero lurking in the dark, the nWo runs its course a lot sooner. Things also would have been far different if Starrcade '97 wasn't an abomination in booking.

Only STING could have been that guy. He was WCW. The idea that he wasn't important is absurd.

I'm pretty sure he's not gonna be a factor in March Madness...

I'm pretty sure he's not gonna be a factor in March Madness...

Yeah - I don't have much to say about these first few match-ups.. :lol:

I think it made a difference in the Wagner vote at least, but that's ok. If it's too much work,it's too much work.

Are polls public?

One hit wonder terrorism is a real possibility if the polls don't go up at the same time as the threads as evidenced by this result (though I don't really mind Wagner winning).  

Start another thread for this if you want, but I have never said Sting wasn't important in 1997.  I was at Uncensored 97 live.  The problem is he has the worst five year drawing record of any comparable ace I can find in wrestling history, and believe me, I have looked.