DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR MARCH MADNESS '14: GLOBAL WARFARE

jaedmc

So went looking for some Mochizuki and came across Ayumi Kurihara & Masaaki Mochizuki vs Kana & Genki Horiguchi and thought "great, more Kana!" so hooray for that.  It was kind of interesting actually because it made Kana show off some more range than I got from her joshi stuff.  There she just pounds people into pudding.  Here she has to work underneath a bit and sell more for Mochizuki.  Its nice to see that she can do both.  Then stuff happens with an elastic band and I am so confused.  So very confused.  Ayumi gets beat up for a while and Kana throws out this wicked awesome German suplex with a leg grapevine component.  Mochizuki gets back into the match and starts kicking the stuffing out of Kana in the process.  Kana comes back and Mochizuki does that thing where he absorbs kicks to the chest like it ain't no thing.  So Kana kicks him in the head :)  Ayumi also looks good in this but Genki seems sort of worthless.  More kicks and stuff and Ayumi gets the pin off a hammerlock exploder (?).  Mochizuki kind of faded into the woodwork here since he had a decent partner.  Kana came off as the biggest deal though even in defeat.

Alan could tell you more about it, but the recent match with Yoshino, might be worth checking out, as far as Mochizuki goes.

I was going to say  that the Usos gimmick sets a terrible precedent for the integrity of  this tournament going forward, but then I remembered gambling interests stole the tournament from Mark Henry a couple of years back. 

• Like 1

The argument against Sting is that he was never a draw and doesn't have the sheer amount of quality to overcome it, correct? 

Is Sting's involvement in shows leading up to Starrcade '97 enough to give him at least some credit as a draw? 

Sting's body of work is one that tends toward "really good" with only a little "great," just thinking offhand.

This would be a really good debate, probably for more informed people than me on the business side. 

This is my favorite internet wrestling argument. It's way better than Bret vs Flair.

I just looked over the convo and realized YOU brought up the stupid Hall of Fame to begin with. Already playing the puppet master, eh?

This is my favorite internet wrestling argument. It's way better than Bret vs Flair.

I just looked over the convo and realized YOU brought up the stupid Hall of Fame to begin with. Already playing the puppet master, eh?

Did you miss me saying I'd vote with you on Ziggler though! It was a consolation prize.

I layer this stuff, psychology and foreshadowing and limbwork and what not.

I've already destroyed the myth of Sting as a Hall of Famer in great detail elsewhere, if people want to see my data showing that he was a worse drawing ace than 1986 Curt Hennig in the AWA it's out there.  This thread should be about my hatred for SUWAMA, cheap shots on TNA "talent," an extolling the virtues of Rush.

Oh, I should say this now before things kick off in the morning. As a part of an experiment, I'm completely disconnecting from the internet for two weeks after this ends. So don't fuck this up for me before I go.

Fuck, you're right. I could have gimmicked it all up and built to a huge blow off. Maybe play a youtube clip of Undertaker's soul rising after that one casket match before I took off. I'm not thinking straight.

Oh, I should say this now before things kick off in the morning. As a part of an experiment, I'm completely disconnecting from the internet for two weeks after this ends. So don't fuck this up for me before I go.

I'm expecting your last post before you go to be about where the dogs are.

Stupid question of the day, so if you are putting this on TV for an American audience, who is you announce team?  I would totally have the NXT play-by-play guy whose name I can never remember (Tom?), Byron Sexton and a rotating group of Tensai, Regal and Renee working the microphone as experts in Japan, Britian and William Regal respectively.  

Alex Riley and the Raw and Impact broadcast team can watch from home. 

In the basement...

With no power...

And the basement is filling with water.

I had considered using Mike Tenay as the luchadore announcer for old times sake but NAHHHH.