DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR MARCH MADNESS '14: GLOBAL WARFARE

jaedmc

I think it made a difference in the Wagner vote at least, but that's ok. If it's too much work,it's too much work.

Are polls public?

I was going to vote Del Rio til I slowed it down and took a look at the Wagner/Park fued.

I think it made a difference in the Wagner vote at least, but that's ok. If it's too much work,it's too much work.

Are polls public?

One hit wonder terrorism is a real possibility if the polls don't go up at the same time as the threads as evidenced by this result (though I don't really mind Wagner winning).  

I don't understand the language, are you for or against staggered starts?

I'm largely indifferent.

I think there are positives and negatives, the biggest negative being that if you post one really great match from one guy v.  a guy like Del Rio (or Dolph or Sheamus or someone of that ilk) who may have had a year full of "good stuff" but with various disappointments related to booking, character, push, et. you might get a skewed result.  

I think 'one hit wonder terrorism' shouldn't be considered a major issue. It is a legitimate reason to vote for someone if you value peaks over consistency. I think that is why many people favored Henry and Lesnar last year (most notably over Big Show). Regardless of whether you think this is the way to vote or not, it's how a lot of people voted before this year, and I can't imagine it will be different this year no matter what the set up Jae decides on.

I already submitted to votes against my own bracket, thanks to match examples posted + common sense. I feel like Bill Dauterive in the mower race.

I would also like someone to keep track of the best (read: worst) quotes to come out of this thing, so we can all shame and be shamed at the end. (I'd do it, but phone.)

• Like 1

Every contest last approx. 24hrs so our friends in different parts of globe can get a chance to vote. So whatever time the thread is opened just add 24hrs to it.

One big thing with the Japanese guys is that I'm probably not watching a match that goes over 20 minutes for the sake of this tournament. If you only have 40 minute epics or something (especially ones with lots of fighting spirit), I'm going to vote Justin Gabriel over you because my head can't take that.

• Like 1

Funny how Matt's "everyone should watch the matches and learn" gimmick has been Exposed as a lie and a fraud already. 

There's an * at the end of it for "new japan guys."

I'll watch the Dragon Gate guy. Is there a "Legend the Pro Wrestling" guy? I'd totally watch that guy. 

101020Legend2.jpg

Which guys would fare better in this tournament: ROH or TNA guys?

I think the suffer from the exact opposite problems.  ROH guys are hard to find online in any sort of meaningful capacity so its hard to get a handle on them and TNA guys are so easy to watch on TV but the show is so bad...

I don't know that any of them are getting out of the first round.