DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Sorry guys, I just got to level 2. I selected a Titan.  I was caught up watching college football.

I have a new PSN :  SteveYung8

I probably won't get to play too much this weekend, I have family things and football but hopefully I can bang out some levels soon enough. My first impressions are the game looks slick but I'm terrible at it.

Found out last night that going back through things isn't a waste of time. I was at lvl 17 and playing with a couple guys lvl 3 and 8 and helped them do some missions and I still picked up some high level engrams and weapons.

Also earlier in the night I went through the first one on the strike playlist lvl 24 with a couple random guys. The first guy quit quickly so it was just two of us. We did pretty well until we got to the boss guy. Takes forever to kill this motherfucker and we did a couple times and had to start over and he bailed. Couldn't do it by myself.

I did notice the scaling of enemies based on the number of people on your fireteam

Like I was doing the Level 1 mission and I was meleeing things in the face and they were instantly dying but then Mark joined me and suddenly everything took 2 punches to the face

I tried doing the weekly hero tip by myself at around midnight and just got crushed. When I'm struggling with lvl 22 dregs, you know things are bad. I guess I need to grind away at level 20 stuff before tackling that and/or finding others that will help carry my ass to success.

Did my first thing in the Crucible.

It was okay. This more had to do with the fact that I have no chance of killing dudes who are Level 20+ because I am only like Level 7.

Basically my team was 3 guys Level 20+ and 3 guys less than Level 10 so the weapon inbalance was very noticeable.

I just made sure to keep hunting down the one poor Level 6 guy on the other team.

I also wish they did a better job of denoting who was on whose team

Did my first thing in the Crucible.

It was okay. This more had to do with the fact that I have no chance of killing dudes who are Level 20+ because I am only like Level 7.

Basically my team was 3 guys Level 20+ and 3 guys less than Level 10 so the weapon inbalance was very noticeable.

I just made sure to keep hunting down the one poor Level 6 guy on the other team.

I also wish they did a better job of denoting who was on whose team

Bungie really needs a level 1 - 10 matchmaking asap for the Crucible. It would be more fair (Sony did this with Killzone Shadowfall as part of their beginner's warzones). I messaged one level 20 guy telling him that overleveled guys like him ruin the multiplayer experience for the rest of us (I was a bit rude about it). The response I got was "if Bungie didn't want us to use [no level bonuses] it wouldn't be in the game."

Also private matches would be great too.

I unlocked Teleport. It's very short range. Sometimes it's no range at all - not what I was wanting. To disappear and then reappear in the exact same spot doesn't really help you defend under fire.

Also, I ran out of weapons to disassemble (to enable the increased damage Power Up I unlocked on my Machine Gun), and bought weapons so I could do it. Went from 5000+ Glimmer to under 200. To the point where I couldn't afford armour Power-ups on the Strike we did after.

Crucible matches, they are unplayable shit. No game balance. Level 21+ Bladedancers can't be defended against. But I'm still better at them than Cristobal. Slightly. We lost one because the Enemy controlled all zones too long. I had Zone C 98% Neutralized when they called it. But the way that the game is set up to oblige you to do them to get upgraded equipment, that I don't like.

The Strike playlist, how does that work? Because we got one twice in a row. We quit out of the second one though.

Found another hidden ?? Baddie.

On level 3, when you find those 2 level 7 dregs on the way to skywatch, there is a cave behind them.

I went in and turned up the hill and saw a level 11 captain. D E D, dead.

But at least i got to level 7 with my warlock.

May play a little before work.

What do you want the guy to do? Not play Crucible?

Well, I don't have a problem with him playing Crucible, just being a lvl20 & playing Crucible. The level 20+'s should have their lobby/better matchmaking since at that point it would be more balanced, fair, and (ideally) more dependent on individual's skill levels.

The plus side to it, most of the lvl20's are legit players and aren't abusing glitches from what I've seen. I was able to get kills on them as a lvl8 Hunter. It's not like how it was at launch.

Got the Level 3 and Level 4 missions done.  Did Level 4 mission twice because we snuffed the Wizard a little too quickly and I wanted to get the Gold chest during that mission.

Trying to navigate that map in Patrol Mission mode to get to the Relay Station where you could run up against tons of dudes twice your level was not an option.

I'm nearly Level 5 now and am a little more confident in free wander, so I am going to knock out these three bounties and then do the Level 5 mission.

If you wait till this evening we can run that Level 5 mission together since that is the one I am on too. Thankfully I am now Level 7 so I feel comfortable doing missions by myself though it easier with a fire team.

I am still trying to figure out what the fuck was supposed to happen with that timed event with the Level 7 Captain who wouldn't take damage and then ran away.

Fucking coward

If you wait till this evening we can run that Level 5 mission together since that is the one I am on too. Thankfully I am now Level 7 so I feel comfortable doing missions by myself though it easier with a fire team.

Sounds coolio.  I know I am usually a purist, but I am going to have the guide handy since there are supposed to be two Gold Loot Chests en route to the objective in this mission and I don't want to miss them..

I still have a little ways to go on these three bounties and I am going to head back to tower to collect before doing the next mission (The Warmind) so it's not going to get done exactly as soon as I get home tonight.

I really didn't have the firepower to deal with those Public Event guys until I was Level 7 or so when we played the beta..  The Devil Walker tank that spawn near the Cosmopolis kicked the shit out of me.

I have two crucible bounties and then three other ones (eventually I will melee 50 guys without dying. Grr... stupid death with about 3 to go)

And RAW can go fuck itself tonight so I got nothing but time