DVDVR Message Board

A SAINTS ROW THREAD

RIPPA

I just picked up Re-Elected. Loved SR2 and SRTT very much. This game somehow is on the level of those games, though in a different way. It's like the developers took the best parts of inFamous, Crackdown, and SRTT and jammed them all into one game. So good. 

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I had been talking about Saint's Row 2 in the catch-all thread. But not anymore, because I think I've nearly finished it (I've got like 45% completion and own 2/3 of the map, just one gang to beat) and I'm probably going straight to SR3 after.

It's a frustrating game, because it likes to randomly spawn two guys with shotguns behind you while you're aiming you RPG with the zoom. And because when you have the battle against the Mini-Tank thing in the shopping mall, you then can't find your way back out of the shopping mall again, because the exit isn't marked on the map. Like not at all. And there's no signs anywhere in there saying Exit -> like there are in the airport. Also I don't understand how you can gain style points for owning clothes you aren't wearing.

I did unlock infinite Pistol Ammo and dual wield machine pistols from doing some police Brutality though. Now all I need is infinite satchel charges and I can walk those last rampages.

I love SR2. It's janky and poorly-coded in some places, but they hit the right balance between "GTA Simulator" and "ridiculous frat-boy humor level and self-aware fun" in that game. SR3 is much prettier and smoother. It's also in a less-interesting city. Still, great game. 

I have heard that Gat The Hell Out finally has a scenario where you FINALLY can get even with Dex. 

But you are in Hell, which means that  THQ / Volition is acknowledging Dex's assassination in SR: Money Shot; a game that was never released.

So, I finished Saint's Row 2, and started 3. Even though it's only three years newer, graphically it looks like a whole generation of consoles elapsed between them. Not very far in, but I've already got to maximum level in Streaking ;)

So how does one access this glorious SRIV DLC now that one has the game disc? I thought it would be available from the start...

Are you on PS4? The DLC should be added directly with your download. Once you're on the ship, go to the missions screen, and you should be able to access Enter the Dominatrix and How the Saints Saved Christmas at any time from that point on. They'll have little fleur-de-lets next to them to indicate that they are the extras. 

Same thing with DLC costumes and guns; those will be available in the shops and indicated as extras with fleur-de-lets next to them.

So how does one access this glorious SRIV DLC now that one has the game disc? I thought it would be available from the start...

Are you on PS4? The DLC should be added directly with your download. Once you're on the ship, go to the missions screen, and you should be able to access Enter the Dominatrix and How the Saints Saved Christmas at any time from that point on. They'll have little fleur-de-lets next to them to indicate that they are the extras.

Same thing with DLC costumes and guns; those will be available in the shops and indicated as extras with fleur-de-lets next to them.

PS3, not PS4.

EDIT: Ah, after I completed "The Real World" they all unlocked in a big conga line. Looks like everything went live except the Christmas mish.

Hulk Hogan looks like Batista, is Latino and can do Huracanranas? What madness is this?

He was supposed to voice Killbane, but he ended up getting to voice Angel.

Hogan voicing Killbane would have been magical, though. 

Hulk Hogan looks like Batista, is Latino and can do Huracanranas? What madness is this?

He was supposed to voice Killbane, but he ended up getting to voice Angel.

Hogan voicing Killbane would have been magical, though. 

Hogan as Killbane would have shown range...instead Angel's the video game equivalent of Low Ki. Short/average looking guy with an impossibly deep voice.

Not that Saints Row is Shakespeare anyway....

Shakespeare didn't have BURT FUCKING REYNOLDS~!

Considering that this franchise started out as GTA: Copycat City, the fact that I can have Mayor Burt Reynolds sending me to kill Zombies and it makes perfect sense within the context of the story... this is incredible stuff.

• Like 2

Shakespeare didn't have BURT FUCKING REYNOLDS~!

Considering that this franchise started out as GTA: Copycat City, the fact that I can have Mayor Burt Reynolds sending me to kill Zombies and it makes perfect sense within the context of the story... this is incredible stuff.

What makes me mad about SR4 is that there's no clue if

Burt Reynolds survived although I think Keith David said something about it.

I now have a Platinum in Saints Row The Third! I will proceed now to play EyePet and Plants Vs. Zombies: GW for trophies. HUH?

Looking at the Saints Row wiki - it appears that he...

is in the code for SR4 but they ended up scrapping him from the game but people have been able to mod the code to add him as a homie. So I guess - technically he is alive