DVDVR Message Board

A SAINTS ROW THREAD

RIPPA

Remember a month or so ago, when somebody asked about Crackdown and I said that everything in it had been done better, but nobody else had tried to put all the elements (car stuff, gun combat, sandbox exploration with superpowers) in one place?

Yeah, you don't need Crackdown anymore. Just sayin'.

Y'all have me thisclose to grabbing a PS3. I assume I should stay far, far away from the 12GB models they have on Best Buy?

Yeah, with all the mandatory game installs and/or DLC a 12GB HD is pretty useless especially since you have to have twice the required space to install something (ie a 5GB install needs 10GB of space).

You would probably be better off getting a used one.  My old fat 40GB PS3 died about a month ago so I got a 250GB super slim for about $150 used.  Or there is a new bundle coming out next month that has a 250GB super slim, GTAV, headset, and PS+ trial membership that is pre-selling at Amazon for $270.

Played a bit more last night.  Not really doing too many story missions, mostly side stuff.  I like the new Virus Collection ones and jumping around to get all the clusters is pretty addicting.  Just going around wearing the Obama mask and causing chaos with the America gun is pretty fun.

I did do enough of the story to unlock getting homies.  As you might expect, Keith David rules.  I also got the ability to freeze people.  I'm finding that the combo of freeze and then a swift kick to the nuts to shatter someone is much more effective than the guns - though I haven't bothered to really improve any of the gun stats yet.

Anyone who that'll take down isn't a threat to me, at this point. Mind you I played the shit out of this yesterday by doing all the activities and stores and such and I'm up to level 50 at this point and with only 4 hours sleep I'm having trouble ending this sentence.

*breath*

I managed to get both the Void UFO and the Destructor tank in my garage fairly early, so all of those "hordes of baddies" activities basically consisted of me phoning up one of those and just blasting the fuck out of all of them. Now I barely ever get in a vehicle any more, it's just running/flying around.

I'm still pretty early on in the game.  I can only really play later at night for maybe an hour or two before I go to bed.  I'm still only at level 12.

Since the super sprint and jump got unlocked, I hardly ever use vehicles.  Kind of seems pointless when you can pretty much fly around, and you grab more clusters that way.

I forgot about calling in a tank.  That would probably make some of the horde ones easier, especially the ones where you fight off 100 Professor Genki mascots.

It's after

you take the spaceship out of Zin's mothership

AKA after the end of Kinzie's tutorial missions.

There is a gateway you can enter that serves as a hub and has the functions of cribs in previous SR games like wardrobe, garage, arsenal, etc.  Or you can go to a Friendly Fire and swap it into your inventory from there.

All of the other pre-order bonuses are available at that time like the VTOL and Uncle Sam outfit.  I also got the presidential masks and superhero outfits since I pre-ordered from Gamestop.

• Like 1

I only have the hentai tentactle bat right now :D

The dick bat is in a secret hidden cave that you won't find on your own...kind of like the noisy cricket. Both are really, really hidden to the point that a YouTube video is your best bet

It's rent / child support time for me and the cash that I have saved up is going to pay for a little weekend at Myrtle Beach for me and my girlfriend.  I won't be able to get gansta for another two weeks.