DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2014 & Beyond)

RIPPA

It gets worse. The other Assassin's Creed (the old-gen version) didn't even get review copies sent out. Reviewers had to go buy it off the shelf and are just starting to play it today.

That's absurd, if I was a publication and didn't receive a review copy I just wouldn't review it. Simple as

• Like 1

It gets worse. The other Assassin's Creed (the old-gen version) didn't even get review copies sent out. Reviewers had to go buy it off the shelf and are just starting to play it today.

That's absurd, if I was a publication and didn't receive a review copy I just wouldn't review it. Simple as

That's a loss of a lot of clicks.

Oh, and in err guards to review embargoes, it's quite simple: until I see positive reviews, I'm not buying your game. If you are embargoing your reviews, I'll assume your game is shitty. EA sold me on a game through letting reviews come out a week in advance, say what you will about the company. Learn from them,

I'm kinda surprised you haven't joined us in the DA thread Fresh, not your style?

Also, while Evolve looks fun, I can't imagine paying 60 bucks for a game that, correct me if I'm wrong, has no single player story.

I despise medevil fantasy. Lord of the Rings, Skyrim, Game of Thrones, Dragon Age.... All of it turns me off.

Evolve is worth it though, trust me. But maybe if the single-player is that important to you, wait until it's $40 or $30. Just don't skip it completely.

My favourite part is when a downloadable copy costs the same as a full physical retail copy and we're not supposed to say a goddamn thing like we don't know what's up.

Same issue with comics. Why is a digitalcomic $3.99 or $4.99 except to not undercut the LCS out there? Stupid

• 2 weeks later...

Giant Bomb's Patrick Klepek talked with Namco Bandai and was told that PC owners will have to buy the game again if they want the performance boost. So fuck that.

Yeah, that really f'n sucks. I was planning on pulling the trigger for the DLC on PS3, but I'll just wait until the PS4 version is out.

Unfortunately though, it won't have the original lighting system/art asset denotation. It'll be the same as the PS3 version but...more stable and with the DLC.

So many game companies are so full of shit.

Like, I'm sure it's a COMPLETE COINCIDENCE that after Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth came out, a month later Firaxis puts out the first Civ 5 patch in like over a year, and it just happened to "accidentally" cripple multiplayer functionality for a huge chunk of their playerbase.

A complete coincidence.

• 2 weeks later...