DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2014 & Beyond)

RIPPA

I'm thinking between 10-20 hours for the main quest.

I've read of a

chinpokomon

side quest, which could take days..

I hope you're right. My prediction is based off an IGN guy who played the game who said he expects around 6 hours. But he did say it's based off just a gut feeling, so who knows? But I'm gonna be jumping for joy if you're right.

They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if it was just six hours. What with all the delays, hype and positive previews, it needs to go to double digits.

I'm not talking kingdom hearts or ff10, I'm talking more of a far cry 3 or half life. A decent chunk of time.

A review of Dark Souls II has appeared in a European magazine. The larger point is that it details how co-op multiplayer works. Seeing the Souls games are about discovery, I'm gonna spoiler tag this one. The non-spoiler version is "it's exactly as convoluted as you think it would be."

There is a specific ring where you care the name of one of ten gods into it. Anyone who has carved the name of the same god into their ring is given a higher priority when they place their summoning signs. So, to play with a friend, agree on the god name to use. and find a corner to put down your summoning sign.

Be honest - how many of you knew that there was a new Rambo: The Video Game coming out?

I didn't and I was following it.

You know, I kind of love that these guys are making a goddamn Rambo rail shooter in 2014. And they're making Terminators: The Video Game next!

Edit: Unrelated but Kiefer Sutherland mentioned he had worked on a Mortal Kombat game when interviewed about MGS 5. Loved 9 so I'm looking forward to the next one.

Holy cow.  I hadn't heard of David Wise (though on looking him up, I see that he was responsible for the soundtrack to all of Rare's NES-era output, including the amazing tunes from Wizards and Warriors--which were the only good thing about that game) and hadn't played a DKC game since the original, but that music, especially "Chilly Coast" is astonishing.

I thought it was great when someone did a fairly major electronic record in the last year and it was praised as really top drawer, even though everything good on it was directly stolen from his work. Which doesn't mean it wasn't good, merely that it amused me to see the DKC soundtrack get a 2013 re-release by any other name and get all this praise.

I'm more excited for Pac-Man Museum than really seems appropriate.  Ten games for $20 may seem a little high, but considering that half of them haven't had a proper official release in a decade or more and Battle Royale has never been available on console before, I'm eminently pleased.  Here's hoping the emulation on the older stuff is cromulent.

I'm more excited for Pac-Man Museum than really seems appropriate.  Ten games for $20 may seem a little high, but considering that half of them haven't had a proper official release in a decade or more and Battle Royale has never been available on console before, I'm eminently pleased.  Here's hoping the emulation on the older stuff is cromulent.

no Pac-Man Jr.? loved playing it as a kid on the Atari because it was TWO SCREENS! that means twice as good, right?

it just makes me sad, because they pretty much have to own the rights to all of those games. what's the harm in releasing a 20+ year old game, especially when you're putting out a collection like that?