DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Yeah.  I can't imagine anybody being like... "Yeeeeeah but a sex tape of people I brunch with tho."

It's like This is 40, where people were sad that they couldn't afford to run a small label that promoted old bands. while getting high on pot brownies during all inclusive vacations.

• Like 6

It's amazing the time lapse between something being, like, a new idea that is on the cultural radar and a Big Comedy getting made about it.  Like, sex tapes were so the thing in 2003....that's Vince McMahon pop culture reference timeframes right there.

Even just the words "sex tape" make we want to go check out Fark or something.

• Like 1

How many times have Kunis and Franco played a couple (or at least damn close to one)? Including this one - I can think of 3 off the top of my head.

EDIT - Oh I should also point out that that is Paul Haggis' latest

Nymphomaniac Volume 2 (obviously NSFW)

I don't know if it's the Rammstein or what, but this looks absolutely hilarious. 

Only Lars Von Trier and Catherine Breillat can manage to make unerotic erotic movies.

Charlotte Gainsborurg may be the least attractive woman to take part in an interracial gangbang.

So yeah, I actually read The Maze Runner with my kid last year and could be convinced to not gripe about going to see the movie.

I know.  Rippa already posted this earlier or something.

Since it was like 15 pages back - I won't take my usual dig at you for reposting the stuff I bring up :-P

But yeah - my wife's student's insisted she read the book... she was not a fan.

Part of me wonders if it might be one of those Lord of the Flies type things that is going to play a lot better to the XY crowd.

Since it was like 15 pages back - I won't take my usual dig at you for reposting the stuff I bring up :-P

But yeah - my wife's student's insisted she read the book... she was not a fan.

Part of me wonders if it might be one of those Lord of the Flies type things that is going to play a lot better to the XY crowd.

I did not entirely hate the book, but it is not as compelling as Lord of the Flies.

I was surprised to see a recent trailer.  I thought it was being put on hold indefinitely.

I'm sure they will. But the boys will be on a Truman Show type island. And the conch will give the holder telekinetic powers. And when Piggy dies we see the rest of the movie from the perspective of his spirit. 

Also, as a random aside, I just felt that I needed to mention that Karen Gillan eating a light bulb when she thinks it's an apple is FREAKING ME THE FUCK OUT!

I've gotten into the habit of looking elsewhere when that bit happens.

So yeah, I actually read The Maze Runner with my kid last year and could be convinced to not gripe about going to see the movie.

I know.  Rippa already posted this earlier or something.

That's a perfectly respectable trailer, even if the whole YA dystopian society craze has ran its course. 

Sony and Mattel are rumored to be putting together a live action Barbie movie.   I hope my kid doesn't hear about this.  I have sat through enough webisodes of Barbie - Life In The Dreamhouse during my custody weekends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BOoSble7rI

Yeah, I have even laughed a couple of times at this stuff.