DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Yes, there is a joke in my family about how Chadwick Boseman, Terrence Howard, and Denzel Washington will eventually play every famous black man ever in history between the three actors.

Boseman will be filmed in green screen debating himself if there ever is a WEB DuBois / Booker T Washington movie. Either that or Denzel will play one of the roles. Howard won't be considered because he will ask for too much money.

Jeff Wright has to be up there: Basquiat, MLK, Howard Bingham, Colin Powell, Muddy Waters, and Bobby Seale. In addition, Valentin Narcisse from Boardwalk Empire is based on W.E.B. DuBois (although the UNIA affiliation would be Garvey). Just get him to do it.

How can you two forget about Leon?? He portrayed David Ruffin and Little Richard.  He would (should) have been nominated for an Oscar for that David Ruffin portrayal if The Temptations wasn't a TV movie.  "AIN'T NOBODY COMING TO SEE YOU, OTIS!" is still one of my favorite movie lines of all time.

Yeah, he is basically the only reason to watch that long fucking movie now. That and the "Papa was a Rolling Stone" sequence. "My name is David Ruffin.... and THESE are the Temptations" is one of the top 10 movie dick moments of all time. 

Since we're on the topic, both Ruffin and James Brown dated Tammi Terrell. Both beat the living shit out of Tammi Terrell. The Temps movie touched on that. I wonder if they do that with the James Brown movie since it's a major feature film. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL45kzwF7tg

Leon's one of the few actors who has been good in every thing he's been in.  Even the bad movies.  Whether it was Cool Runnings or Oz, he always brought the goods.  Just as talented and has just as much as charisma as Denzel, just never caught on in the mainstream.  He seems pretty content doing plays and low budget movies. His stage work is top notch.

• Like 1

What's funny was that there was just a story about how there wasn't going to be an Incedibles sequel but they were going to re-release the first one in 3D

you know it, woowoowoo.

And then there's the "no plans for hand drawn animation announcement."

The last "no plans for any more hand drawn animation" announcement was followed a few years later by "The Princess and the Frog", so take that with a grain of salt.

So, my vote for 2014 movie of the year is locked up.

I liked it a lot. Kept the feel of the show while adding the epic element of Veronica realizing she's the hero Neptune needs if not deserves. I only had two quibbles:

1. The Celeste Kane subplot was just kinda tacked in there.

2. They should've mentioned Vinnie Van Lowe's tenure as sheriff. I mean, from a storyline perspective I understand why he's out, because they needed a Neutral Evil sheriff in there and Vinnie is more of a Chaotic Neutral. But they could've at least given us a throwaway line explaining it.