DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

This was tweeted by Del Ray, publishers of Star Wars books.

"@DelReyStarWars: To clarify, movie novelizations are canon where they align with what is seen on screen in the 6 films and the Clone Wars animated movie."

Reading sukz ballz!

Were people this mad when Star Trek novels were de-canonized?

1. Star Trek sucks.

2. Star Trek has had more movies and tons of TV. For a few years there all SW fans had were the original trilogy and the books.

Again I never expected them to treat the EU like the bible. I was fully prepared to lose everything from the New Jedi Order books forward. Ep 7 takes place 30 years after RotJ. NOW what happened in those 30 years. What we get new books to fill in the gaps? Those stories have like a 2% chance of being anywhere near as good as the Thrawn trilogy.

• Like 1

So it really doesn't look like they have cast a love interest for Luke.  Maybe Andy Serkis in CGI?

Or she won't be a main cast character, if he has a wife/mate she'll be back on Coruscant/Tattooine or wherever they live while he's off in space on whatever mission they need him to do to fight the dark side.

So it really doesn't look like they have cast a love interest for Luke. Maybe Andy Serkis in CGI?

Or she won't be a main cast character, if he has a wife/mate she'll be back on Coruscant/Tattooine or wherever they live while he's off in space on whatever mission they need him to do to fight the dark side.

Mara Jade is rolling in her non cannon grave.

What's the point of hiring Kenny Baker?  The man is 80 and you never see/hear him in the movies.  I'm sure he'd rather not spend another summer boiling in a can in Tunisia

I honestly wonder if he'll maybe get into the prop for 30 seconds for one shot so then he'll have officially "played" him in this movie and that will be that. An honorary credit sort of deal. I've seen him at times at shows in the past few years and he's not in great shape. Mayhew isn't either, so maybe it'll be the same for him.

-J\/\/

What's the point of hiring Kenny Baker?  The man is 80 and you never see/hear him in the movies.  I'm sure he'd rather not spend another summer boiling in a can in Tunisia

I honestly wonder if he'll maybe get into the prop for 30 seconds for one shot so then he'll have officially "played" him in this movie and that will be that. An honorary credit sort of deal. I've seen him at times at shows in the past few years and he's not in great shape. Mayhew isn't either, so maybe it'll be the same for him.

-J\/\/

Yeah, the last thing I'd be doing if I was either of them was getting into some hot ass suit for who knows how long every day in order to be in these movies.  I don't know how people wear halloween masks for more than an hour, let alone wearing furry ass footy pajamas or rolling around in a tin can.

I remember seeing all of those making of Star Wars shows as a kid and reading these stories about how the prop people would brake for lunch and forget Kenny Baker was in the R2D2 shell.  They would leave him in there for hours at a time and he couldn't get the dome off.  I don't know if that is true, but that would be pretty shitty.

Or maybe it sticks to the rules that Jedi were supposed to follow from the prequels that Jedi don't love?

Maybe they'll address the natural thinning of force sensitive people because the people with the highest concentrations of the organism that grants access to the Force go against the natural principals of passing on the genetic line.  The Sith didn't have to kill the Jedi off, they would've gone extinct naturally.

Perhaps they can correct a shitty plot point that existed only so Anakin and Padme could have that "forbidden love."

Or maybe it sticks to the rules that Jedi were supposed to follow from the prequels that Jedi don't love?

Maybe they'll address the natural thinning of force sensitive people because the people with the highest concentrations of the organism that grants access to the Force go against the natural principals of passing on the genetic line. The Sith didn't have to kill the Jedi off, they would've gone extinct naturally.

Perhaps they can correct a shitty plot point that existed only so Anakin and Padme could have that "forbidden love."

Well you don't have to be in love to make babies