DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APRIL 2024

Topic will be automatically locked at 03:59 AM

5 minutes ago, Just Adam Bay Bay said:

Considering I have met him, and my mom like Mrs Wayne is a widow that really cracked me up. Thank you for the laugh. 

I’m here for four reasons:

- zingers

- to learn more to work on my never ending personal projects 

- to talk about Daisuke Sekimoto grappling other dudes

- to answer questions that keep the youths out of trouble

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

I’m here for four reasons:

- zingers

- to learn more to work on my never ending personal projects 

- to talk about Daisuke Sekimoto grappling other dudes

- to answer questions that keep the youths out of trouble

The zinger was much appreciated. 👍🏻 And I got two seats in the exact section I wanted for $36 each before fees. I’m very happy.

Edited by Just Adam Bay Bay
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Just Adam Bay Bay said:

The singer was much appreciated. 👍🏻 And I got two seats in the exact section I wanted for $36 each before fees. I’m very happy.

Only requirement is you do a Road Report when you get back

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

Only requirement is you do a Road Report when you get back

I’d be happy to. I’ve been a fan of this site for ages and that was what first got me hooked. Plus I know that area so I’ll have fun writing one up. 

• Like 3

So apparently, there's some Transphobic laws that the Oklahoma Athletic Commision enforces, and they're considering hitting AEW for having Nyla wrestle on a pre-Dynamite ROH taping in December:

https://www.realrasslin.net/post/aew-potentially-punished-by-archaic-oklahoma-athletic-commission

• Sad 1

I got an e mail yesterday announcing that AEW is running Dynamite on my birthday 6/5 in Loveland, CO. Pre sale was today so I grabbed tix for me and my bud. To be honest, my interest in AEW is at a low point but live TV wrestling 40 minutes away on my birthday? Shit, I'm down. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

To add on, I've seen Colorado Eagles hockey at that Arena in Loveland, and it's awesome. It's also where I saw a few WWE House shows over the years, but not in awhile. They moved their house shows to the Late,  Great First Bank Center in Broomfield outside Denver until business got hot here again around 2021. Now every show is in Denver at the Ball Arena. I went to two Dynamites at the FBC, lots of WWE shows, and lots of concerts. That place ruled.

Anyway, as I ramble on, I also saw TNA at the Loveland Arena back in 2009. There was about 249 people there. And it was a great show. The main event was Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles, Homicide was on the card.....the last time I'd seen them was three years earlier in ROH in front of way bigger crowds. I had a blast though and so did the other 248 people. 
edit: I also had Earl Hebner give me his autograph even though I didn't ask for it. I got Hebnered. I was at ringside after the show where I watched a scene go on in the ring that involved a poor woman who looked like the mom from Gilbert Grape get in and out of the ring to have her pic taken with AJ Styles. As I'm watching all this with my ticket stub in my hand, Hebner walks over and signs it like a fucking big shot, then moves on as I'm surprised. 
Im hoping for a fun show there. Lots of good vibes in that place. Shit, I took my nephew to Wild Kratts Live there and he saw Cena there when he was five, when Cena, Mysterio, and New Day were his heroes. 

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AxB said:

So apparently, there's some Transphobic laws that the Oklahoma Athletic Commision enforces, and they're considering hitting AEW for having Nyla wrestle on a pre-Dynamite ROH taping in December:

https://www.realrasslin.net/post/aew-potentially-punished-by-archaic-oklahoma-athletic-commission

The last commission attempting to regulate pro wrasslin! They know it’s a work right

• Like 2

On 4/12/2024 at 4:05 AM, hobo joe said:

“Miseria Cantare” for Punk, “The Champ is Here” for Joe, “Personal Jesus” for Aries. “Gimme Back my Bullets” for the Briscoes.

”Copacabana”, “The Final Countdown” obviously. Jack Evans theme was pretty good. The Embassy theme kicked ass too.

Beanie Sigel's The Truth for Homicide.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, zendragon said:

The last commission attempting to regulate pro wrasslin! They know it’s a work right

It's not about regulating wrestling, it's about fucking with LGBTQ+ people because they're bigots.  Fuck 'em. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Craig H said:

Beanie Sigel's The Truth for Homicide.

Hell yeah. Jack Evans had a banger too. I burnt like a 17 track CD of ROH themes back in like 2007. I downloaded them all with the intros and shit from the ROH message board.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

It's not about regulating wrestling, it's about fucking with LGBTQ+ people because they're bigots.  Fuck 'em. 

You'll get the same strawman arguments when these knuckleheads argue about "protecting women's sports", like they aren't mocking that nobody cares about women's sports or shuffling money around to only give scholarships to football and men's basketball programs.

Pablo Torre did an episode of his podcast to interview the single varsity sports player in the entire state of Ohio. For all the ignorant bleating about the subject and its supposed epidemic status, there is literally one trans girl playing in the entire state. She is the backup catcher on the softball team. She just wants to play with her friends. Imagine that. THE HORROR!!! Here's the episode: https://youtu.be/nJc4hxxdCJ8?si=OLne9uJDChk6TvDE

How dare us terrible transes try to be part of society.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

You'll get the same strawman arguments when these knuckleheads argue about "protecting women's sports", like they aren't mocking that nobody cares about women's sports or shuffling money around to only give scholarships to football and men's basketball programs.

Pablo Torre did an episode of his podcast to interview the single varsity sports player in the entire state of Ohio. For all the ignorant bleating about the subject and its supposed epidemic status, there is literally one trans girl playing in the entire state. She is the backup catcher on the softball team. She just wants to play with her friends. Imagine that. THE HORROR!!! Here's the episode: https://youtu.be/nJc4hxxdCJ8?si=OLne9uJDChk6TvDE

How dare us terrible transes try to be part of society.

LOL the backup catcher.  Jesus.  "A cisgender kid could be getting that valuable 2 innings every 8th game playing time!"

They start this bullshit at the Little League level, too.  Which is crazy because even if trans people did have an advantage, it's god damn little league.  Who cares?

When I was a kid (yeah, 40some years ago), boys and girls played in the same league.  Nobody gave a shit because we were just a bunch of kids playing a game.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

When I was a kid (yeah, 40some years ago), boys and girls played in the same league.  Nobody gave a shit because we were just a bunch of kids playing a game.

I played in a co-ed soccer league when I was around 11-12. There were boys teams, girls teams, and mixed.

My all boys team was trash. The only three games we won all season was against my sister's mixed team, whom we narrowly beat twice and was very personally satisfying because my sister was an all around superior athlete to me in every respect, and an all girls team whom we fucking DESTROYED.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

LOL the backup catcher.  Jesus.  "A cisgender kid could be getting that valuable 2 innings every 8th game playing time!"

They start this bullshit at the Little League level, too.  Which is crazy because even if trans people did have an advantage, it's god damn little league.  Who cares?

Because obviously the whole point of playing youth sports is about scholarships!

And not, y'know, socialization. And fun. And enjoying time with your friends. Nope. Cheating!

• Like 3

Can you imagine having ot so good that the biggest issue in your life is a transgender child’s athletic career?  

One of the big winners of this whole fake outrage is Riley Gaines, who swam for Kentucky and  against the trans woman from UPenn who was the first person these creeps decided was a huge problem to society. She is on the speaking circuit and does stuff with Turning Point USA. Nice to get paid for your outrage instead of having a real job.

• Like 3

On 4/16/2024 at 6:01 PM, AxB said:

I would say that Coach Tony should open the next Dynamite with a pre-taped segment addressing the issue, saying that Nyla is an AEW original and a former AEW WOMEN’S champion, and the state of Oklahoma can shove it because AEW is where the best wrestle. If they persist, cancel future OK shows.

But not sure if Tony can pull that off, so maybe Danielson or someone of similar stature who has the mix skills.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I would say that Coach Tony should open the next Dynamite with a pre-taped segment addressing the issue, saying that Nyla is an AEW original and a former AEW WOMEN’S champion, and the state of Oklahoma can shove it because AEW is where the best wrestle. If they persist, cancel future OK shows.

But not sure if Tony can pull that off, so maybe Danielson or someone of similar stature who has the mix skills.

Screw that, what are they gonna do, fine a bajillionaire? I'd have her wrestle Toni at the top of the show for the women's title and win by DQ just to prove a point.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Screw that, what are they gonna do, fine a bajillionaire? I'd have her wrestle Toni at the top of the show for the women's title and win by DQ just to prove a point.

Split the door between Trevor Project and an Oklahoma trans support group, and make a special shirt that also raises money. I’d have it say Fuck Oklahoma in the trans flag colors but JR would likely disapprove.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I almost posted something similar but that comes a tiny bit too close into turning Nyla's status into an angle, which has always been distasteful.

23 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Seriously, pay the fine and throw in another million.  Write a press release about how the extra is for gender affirming care, minority voting outreach, basic literacy, or any other cause these trash human beings are against. 

• Like 3

If they really wanted to troll the commission, they would book Nyla to win a squash, and have her squash opponent be Kidd Bandit, or Saraya Saber, or Sigrid Daughter of Tyr, or Jamie Senegal, or Edith Surreal... or book Nyla vs Veny, or Dark Sheik in a more competitive dream match.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

If they really wanted to troll the commission, they would book Nyla to win a squash, and have her squash opponent be Kidd Bandit, or Saraya Saber, or Sigrid Daughter of Tyr, or Jamie Senegal, or Edith Surreal... or book Nyla vs Veny, or Dark Sheik in a more competitive dream match.

Hire Effy to help out with talent booking and let Nyla win an all LGBTQ+ rumble in Oklahoma 🤣

Book it as an annual thing.

Seriously, just do a Super Queer Bunkhouse Stampede in nothing but red states.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 2