DVDVR Message Board

Now obviously the Mania week indie show we care the most about already has it's own thread in Wrestling General, but there's going to be other shows. And I'm pretty sure none of the mods want anyone bumping last year's thread for this year's shows, so here we are. Anyway:

ETU is doing an ETU vs Dragon Gate show on the Saturday, and that's your main event.

Looks like Danny Demanto vs Ultimo Dragon is also on the show, so if you haven't seen Asai live and want to be able to say you have, there you go.

• Like 3

I am attending Stardom and the Mark Hitchcock shows on Thursday, and Spark on Sunday. I might go to the ETU x DG on Saturday if I feel that I can drive there two days in a row. I have to stay home on Friday to use my computer to buy May Sumo tickets when they go on sale.

Confirmed:

Two days after DEAN~!! in the same building.

GameChangerWrestling (@GCWrestling_)

There's a time honoured tradition in Wrestling, of using promo photos of veterans that are as old as possible. Joey Janela managed by Missy Hyatt from 1986 apparently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is NOT fake:

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖒𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 (@JoshLBarnett)

And apparently she's not the only WWE signed wrestler working Bloodsport

The crazy thing to me is that the show's already sold out... they're playing with house money and yet they're announcing WWE talent, plural. That's nuts, and makes me want to see who else they're going to play ball with going forward.

• 3 weeks later...

Maika vs Megasus? How am I just hearing about this today?  Does the show really start at 3 PM or is that when a please stay tuned starts streaming for an hour?

On 4/3/2024 at 4:19 PM, assfax said:

Maika vs Megasus? How am I just hearing about this today?  Does the show really start at 3 PM or is that when a please stay tuned starts streaming for an hour?

Just back from the Stardom show and it's worth it for the main event alone. Both women tore it down. Plus Toni Storm surprised Mariah with flowers and got into a little bit of a tease of the Forbidden Door with Mina. 

• Like 3

Bloodsport ruled. They probably should have stopped after Shayna/Masha because that really felt like the main event in every way, but you know. 

Nic Nemeth doing a Greco Roman bit was so fun and a good contrast to Speedball. Baby Regal looked great. Thatcher and Axel had a heater while the Astronauts and MiSu had a lot of fun with a casual night.

Just a real fun, breezy show.

• Like 4

Watched the DDT Philly show online.

Saw Dan the Dad wrestle a giant baby otter mascot. One announcer said if you just tuned in and have no clue what is going on, dont worry, he has no clue either.

The otter superplexed Dan through a door to win, only to be attacked by Chris Brookes, who hates giant mascots. Then Yoshihiko came out and saved the day.

No clue what was happening, but it was hilarious and absurd.

Andrew Everett was also on the show -- hadnt seen him since his Impact days. Curious why he has never been picked up by a larger promotion -- he was pretty talented in Impact.

• Like 2

I am sure that having Shayna and Charlie Dempsey but the mixing of talent of WWE, TNA, GCW, and maybe AEW talent at this show was insane.  CM Punk at a GCW show feels wild although I believe he is huge Barnett fan.   You had a GCW and TNA wrestler concerned by a TNA champion against a WWE star cornered by her tag partner in a GCW ring.  Wild times

The biggest surprise of Bloodsport was the former Alexander Wolfe from WWE against Thatcher.  That guy is a beast and really good in the ring 

Also it feels like Mike Bailey gimmick is to have about 25 matches this weekend and lose all of them.  I know he is lost 6 times already.  Maybe he won on a side show yesterday 

Edited by hammerva

13 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

Bloodsport ruled. They probably should have stopped after Shayna/Masha because that really felt like the main event in every way, but you know. 

Nic Nemeth doing a Greco Roman bit was so fun and a good contrast to Speedball. Baby Regal looked great. Thatcher and Axel had a heater while the Astronauts and MiSu had a lot of fun with a casual night.

Just a real fun, breezy show.

Yeah, they did the show no favors by putting on the women's tournament final and even Barnett after Shayna/Masha.  That match was a great example of what Bloodsport is doing.  Most of the show was well above average if you're into that sort of thing, the only match that I didn't feel worked well was Lady Frost vs. Lindsay Snow.

Nemeth using the Zig Zag in a pit fight match ruled.

• Like 2

Frost vs Snow, it became clear very early that Lindsay Snow trains MMA legit, and Lady Frost never has. And then it finished super quickly.