DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 2/26 - 3/3/2024 - Saving Private McIntyre

Dolfan in NYC

Top of the card for Philly is set. Honestly, this is the first time in like 20 years that we've essentially locked in the top 5-6 matches this early. Now let's get GUNTHER someone to play with.

Also, the great thing about that clip, is you can see the moment Drew McIntyre becomes Andrew Galloway and is just enjoying the moment he just created. 

Its good to see the top matches already decided. Just hope the rest of the card gets some decent build with the time left.

Will be interesting to see what they do with Gunther. Kind of hoping Gable wins the belt off of him.

Edited by Eivion

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, the great thing about that clip, is you can see the moment Drew McIntyre becomes Andrew Galloway and is just enjoying the moment he just created. 

I love moments like this. It does make me sad that his crowning moment at Mania was for an empty arena. That would have been a magical thing. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I love moments like this. It does make me sad that his crowning moment at Mania was for an empty arena. That would have been a magical thing. 

I know, they built Brock for years, had him end the Streak and squash Cena so that they could make the next big babyface against him and between Drew's huge Rumble win and that Mania the whole world changed

For all y'all Punk haters out there, the voiceless have a voice

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/seth-rollins-cm-punk-fragile-mind-fragile-body-fragile-ego

I mean, I don't want to say I told you so. But me and a lot of other people told you so. What's the line? Fragile mind. Fragile body. Fragile ego. I think somebody that I know said something like that about him and it rings true .

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

For all y'all Punk haters out there, the voiceless have a voice

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/seth-rollins-cm-punk-fragile-mind-fragile-body-fragile-ego

I mean, I don't want to say I told you so. But me and a lot of other people told you so. What's the line? Fragile mind. Fragile body. Fragile ego. I think somebody that I know said something like that about him and it rings true .

Ironically, the Punk haters probably hate Seth even more. 

• Haha 2

Sami and Shinsuke remind us that they have an incredible history and will always steal the show. So, they stole the show. The full cut of this has to be just flat out killer. I haven't went back to watch something on Raw after only catching part of it in... well, who knows... but I did it for this, as soon as I saw that knee to the back of Sami's head. Probably the most final finish you'll see all year too. That camera angle was perfect. They should put that shot in the commercials, the open, everything. 

• Like 3

Rhea and Becky's segment was solid. The Nia interference was expected and a good setup for Becky/Nia II as something to kill time and give Becky a strong win.

Sami/Nakamura was good once again.

Raquel/Chelsea was a nice little squash/showcase of both women's strengths.

The Imperium/Judgement Day segment was alright. Kind of love Dom throwing out the challenge and Gunther's and Rhea's reactions to the idea. Will be fun to see how the IC challenger is decided. Feels like they are setting up a decent amount of potential challengers right now.

New Day/Imperium was good fun and a nice needed victory for Imperium. 

Indi/Candice vs. Shayna/Zoey was fine.

Drew and Seth's segment was decent. Always fun to see Drew be such a bastard to Punk and others.

Nia/Liv was far better than expected with the two having surprisingly good chemistry. Only a shame it ended in bs with Becky's attack though it made sense given Nia's earlier assault in the opening

Cody/Waller was solid. The post match with Heyman and his goons was rather nice and a great hero moment for Cody with him not taking any shit anymore. Love how he didn't indulge Heyman at all at the end.

Raw is always too long, but there was a decent amount of solid-good matches and segments here. Sami/Nakamura, Liv/Nia, and the New Day/Imperium street fight were the particular standouts here and well worth catching. Pretty solid show.

• Like 1

I'm assuming all these challengers for the IC title popping up tonight means there's either going to be some big scramble or cluster to produce a contender for Gunther, there's going to be a multi-man ladder match at WrestleMania 40. Something of that sort. 

I liked Rhea and Becky's segment tonight. It definitely gives me hope that their match will get the build this year that Charlotte/Rhea last year did not. 

Frankly, got to give it up to Drew McIntyre. The way he's evolved and just made slight tweaks to his character have been utterly fantastic. As a babyface he was OK, but as a heel who speaks the truth and rationally, he's doing the best work of his career. Now, if there's any likelihood of Priest cashing in on someone, it's in the outcome of McIntyre/Rollins. McIntyre seems like the logical choice to win this one, but then you have all this business with Seth and the Bloodline. Is this meant to be a tag team match at WrestleMania? Are you going to have the Bloodline tag team match on Night 1 and Night 2? That basically eliminates anyone else from getting the main event slot on Night 1. But if you have the opportunity for The Rock to wrestle at WrestleMania you have to take it for box office and the PR alone.

Raw is far too long, and my hope is that when they transition to Netflix they return to a two-hour format. There's no reason they need to be three hours every week. I don't really feel like three hours showcases more talent. It just kills the show's pacing. What they should do is add a secondary show to SmackDown. Make Main Event the B show for Raw and something like Superstars or some other unused name the B show for SmackDown. 

• Like 1

Sami/Nak had what was arguably the best match in NXT history (not my pick, but I won’t yell too loud if it’s yours.) You can just give those guys any amount of time and they will have an absolutely dynamite match. This was so so so so great. The best babyface in the WWE. I think Nak has also been very uniquely doing his best work on the main roster these past few months and they changed his presentation. He comes off so sinister and heartless and it’s a perfect character for the role he’s in of “heel who has great matches and puts over the biggest babyfaces on the roster.”

Man, Drew is just setting a bar right now. I never liked him and thought he was a snooze. I was always disappointed because he always showed personality in commercials or the out-of-character stuff I‘be seen him in. He’s now showing us that and why the hell did it take this long? He’s so good.

The Gunther intrigue is also so good. The Imperium/New Day match was also great and brutal. 

I hope Rhea squashes the hell out of Becky.

If you are still unsure if Vince or people associated with Vince is running things, the fact that mentioned Ole Anderson passing should vanquish that.   I feel like Vince and Ole had a competition to see who can piss on the other's grave first

• Like 1

This brings up a good question, do they even want to go back to a two hour Raw now? Have they been itching for it this whole time or have they got so used to the whole process that they like it or feel it'd be too hard to change? 

I continue to be flustered by what Seth comes to the ring wearing. Has he just been a big fan of The Fifth Element this whole time? 

Dom got the heat. Go for it kid. 

14 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I continue to be flustered by what Seth comes to the ring wearing. Has he just been a big fan of The Fifth Element this whole time?

I was randomly thinking about it while watching RAW a few weeks ago, and I think it clicked for me. I think he's kind of trying to do an amplified take on Jared Leto.

• Like 1

Ripley/Lynch was a solid Opening Raw Promo. I'm not into Becky's hat

Zayn/Nakamura was better than the last go around and longer than I thought it would be. I like how everyone sold Sami breaking his losing streak afterward

The package for New Day/Imperium was dope. The stand off with the Judgement Day was a twist and it looks like it'll be more of a multiman shitshow match for the IC title at Mania. Although I would love to see a straight up Gunther/Mysterio match at some point too. The street fight was okay, there was some sloppiness but it ended well

Drew is killing it. "We did it", sitting cross legged, the whole thing. Seth is on fire too. This week's outfit was wild and while it's not exactly representation it's cool that a serious babyface can dress a little gender fluid and it's not his defining personality trait

Heyman bringing crooked New York cops as security is a real heel move, like too real

3 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I like how everyone sold Sami breaking his losing streak afterward

Yeah they did real good work at emphasizing this point through the match and at the end. Sometimes Cole and co. are better for more than just age jokes and fucking up words after all. 

• Like 1