DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WILD CARD ROUND

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

well Belichick has been the de-facto GM for pretty much his entire time as a head coach, so there's likely destinations that wouldn't involve having Jerry Jones be the GM of the team

late era Jerry Jones is a lot more like late era Al Davis than a lot of people want to admit and Dallas, like the Raiders, are fast becoming similarly "can only hire coaches that can't get head coach gigs anywhere else" territory

• Like 1

And now we get to see the ultimate legacy of Mike McCarthy:  horrible clock management

They were saved by a penalty being called on that Lamb catch.  Oh and the horsecollar call wasn't really a penalty to begin with

Edited by hammerva

6 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

So...do the Cowboys start considering looking for a new starting QB in the offseason?

Dak is so good except when he's not. Like, 12-13 games a year he's a top five, maybe top 3 QB. But when it goes badly...

I want to enjoy this but I stupidly kept thinking maybe they would win a game “for Dean” if you would so now I am feeling proxy disappointment 

• Sad 5

29 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Dak is so good except when he's not. Like, 12-13 games a year he's a top five, maybe top 3 QB. But when it goes badly...

I've been saying that for years. He's got multiple seasons with 30 TDs where 20 of them came in 5 games. 

5 hours ago, cubbymark said:

I saw so many WR screens as a Bears fan during the John Schoop OC era in the early 2000s. 

Remember when the plan to get Devin Hester involved as a WR was to throw him screens, because they thought it would replicate his punt/kick return skills? Because I've hated the Screen ever since then.