DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK ONE

RIPPA

8 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Unfortunately, you know that even when if he were fired today, his replacement would just provide more of the same bad gimmick.

Slurp the star quarterback, defend the idiot rulebook and the asshole official enforcing it, read the promo copy for the tie-in programming, tell a story from when you played, repeat ad nauseum (emphasis on nauseum)

You hand over your soul as prerequisite for interviewing for the position.

And it’d just be his son who he already got a job on the same channel…

I apparently enjoyed this game more than everybody else lol! Neither team quit. They played their butts off big time, even though each team looked done at 1 point. 

I hope Rodgers is ok but I wanted the Jets to win so I could make jokes about how Zach Wilson can win a game when the defense gets 4 turnovers but Rodgers can’t. 

I also wanted the Bills to win so I could say FTW and all their TD:INT stuff. 

But seriously what a game. That was 2 good teams in a dogfight. We haven’t seen the last of either of them. 

• Like 1

Josh Allen certainly did his best Bret "screw it, I'm going deep" Favre impression tonight. Holy cow, he was awful. Like #1 overall rookie debuting for a team that went 1-16 the year before AND had their entire OL get in a car wreck on the way to the game awful. Good grief. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Salah did confirm in the post game press conference they think it's Achilles. Sucks for them 😞

There is no such thing as thinking is an Achilles,  it's one of the few injuries you can diagnose with no imaging. I know a couple people who tore their Achilles and the doctor just felt their ankle and said, "you tore your Achilles tendon." The imaging is just too see how bad it is. 

I will add that on that 2nd INT the coach should have called a run play or 3 once they got down there. The play before that INT was the play where he fell down. The play before that was the completion to the WR that had fell down and got back up. It was so clear that they were about to f*^% up and they did.

Josh was hurried all night but the 3 INTs weren’t really a case of being hurried. He tried those throws on purpose instead of any of the other options he knew he had. Just really dumb.

I’m still a fan of the guy and his style though. That was a dogfight out there. The defensive lines controlled the LoS and by extension controlled the game for the most part. Many other good quarterbacks wouldn’t have hung in there, including Aaron Rodgers IMO. Think of all of those types of games where he has just plain sucked. That’s why Zach Wilson also deserves credit. He played even worse than Josh on an X and O level but he hung in that pocket around all those flying bullets. Rodgers would have backed up and got sacked for 10 yard losses, maybe he would have gotten it to the check down guy a couple of times. 

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic