DVDVR Message Board

Paul Walker has died.

Big Fresh

This fucking "like to show respect/retweet to send condolences" fuckery is unreal. How do these fucking dickheads get to the right age to be using a computer? You'd think they'd have drunk bleach or licked an exposed wire by now.

FOLLOW BACK IF U R SAD 2

When it happened, I was trying to search back on Twitter to see if there was anything before TMZ posted but there were too many tweets.  I did learn how big of a following Walker had in the African American community!  Tons of "that was my fav white boy" comments. :D

This fucking "like to show respect/retweet to send condolences" fuckery is unreal. How do these fucking dickheads get to the right age to be using a computer? You'd think they'd have drunk bleach or licked an exposed wire by now.

The Zimmerman thread was a great place for me to unleash those tirades about social media.

To be honest, I haven't seen most of his work. I've never watched a Fast & the Furious movie ever. All I've seen are Varsity Blues and She's All That, neither of which he had a monster role in. He was serviceable in both, I guess.

Running Scared and Joy Ride are two truly good movies that everyone should watch, and he was very good in both. Particularly in Joy Ride, where he and Steve Zahn played off each other so well they felt like real brothers.

So if anyone is wanting to look back over his non-Fast and Furious work, those two should be top of the list.

Wait, he was in varsity blues? Don't remember that at all.

He was the starting quarterback who got hurt so the Beeks could step up.

Suddenly, I know how they can finish Fast 7.

Seriously, I think when people immediately try to call this stuff a hoax, it's not just cynicism, but some of it is optimism/disbelief. People don't want x to be dead so they just play the hoax card for as long as they can. It's understandable.

• Like 1

I just don't trust tabloid sites usually since it's happened before, but they were right on this one. It doesn't affect me one way or the other since I'm not a fan of his films, but I sure as hell hoped it was a hoax on principle.

Well, it didn't take long for people to jump on their high horse on FB. "HEY ALL YOU FUCKS SAYING R.I.P. TO A CELBRITY HOW ABOUT R.I.P TO THE TROOPS!"

I fucking hate people. What do our troops have to do with Paul Walker or any celebrity that passes? I guess I can see the concept in that some people devote much time and energy to entertainment instead of "real life" but who cares? How is it any of your fucking business how anyone chooses to live their life?

It is entirely possible for me to feel sad for the troops AND for others who pass.

• Like 2

This was like five min from my house. People used to street race over there all the time when I was in high school, which was 1998. Wouldn't be surprised if another car ends up involved, I guess.

As for his work, Joy Ride was actually the shit listen to Jae just this once

It's very sad that he passed away, but admit it he was probably one of the worst leading actors in Hollywood before he passed. 

And pray tell, why does that matter at this point?

I'm saying don't start turning him into a Heath Ledger by going through his list of films on IMDB, and calling everyone of them a classic because of his involvement. 

It's very sad that he passed away, but admit it he was probably one of the worst leading actors in Hollywood before he passed. 

And pray tell, why does that matter at this point?

I'm saying don't start turning him into a Heath Ledger by going through his list of films on IMDB, and calling everyone of them a classic because of his involvement. 

I'll take Jumping to Assumptions for $300, Alex.

2 Fast 2 Furious made more worldwide than the first one and everyone knew Vin Diesel wasn't going to be in it. Walker wasn't in Tokyo Drift. They brought in The Rock for the same reason they bring anyone new into the series. To Keep it fresh. They were never going to replace Walker. He was going to be a huge part of Fast & Furious 7.

Get your facts straight.