DVDVR Message Board

Paul Walker has died.

Big Fresh

Nothing wrong in 2013 for wanting multiple sources on a story, esp a death, be it the AP or TMZ.

Sure, but mocking the media for "not checking their sources" when your source was that massmedia site that was complete BS???

Who gives a shit about any of that? Take it elsewhere. Nobody cares.

This is depressing. Me and my friends have gone to every Fast movie since we were young. We're probably among Walker's biggest fans.

I've seen every Fast movie except Tokyo Drift in the theater and I'll raise you one...I saw Into the Blue in the theater.  I don't know if I'd say he was one of my favorite actors, but he was in some really fun movies.  I just watched Fast 5 Wednesday night while hanging out with family and I'm sad to hear that Paul Walker is gone.

• Like 1

He always seem pretty low key and mellow.  I don't recall ever hearing much of anything about his private life outside of brief comments on his children. 

Bravo is playing Fast and Furious right now.

Edited by _MJ_

Don't want to be a dick, but a month ago, alot of you people were slagging this guy.  I'm going to revisit that thread again and compare the comments to the upcoming comments about how great of an actor he was

Turns out you have been a dick.

And I'll sleep fine tonite regardless.  I'm not speaking about people paying their respects because he lost his life, rather I'm talking about all the "I'll always love him for this role", bullshit. I'm positive that I'm putting this up way too soon, but the hypocrisy around here is too much sometimes. And really FSW, you really shouldn't be the one calling someone out on being anything.  It's that whole pot/kettle thing.

Don't want to be a dick, but a month ago, alot of you people were slagging this guy.  I'm going to revisit that thread again and compare the comments to the upcoming comments about how great of an actor he was

I actually don't see any comments in here referring to his acting prowess.  I think you jumped the gun.  Don't worry.  I'm sure the opportunity for this angle will present itself.

I try to stay out of these types of celebrity death conversations because they always lead to someone bringing up the same bullet points.  I doubt we'll see "Who cares about Paul Walker when there are millions of people dying everyday here and here?" in this thread but this conversation is happening somewhere on facebook right now. 

Edited by _MJ_

I actually don't see any comments in here referring to his acting prowess.  I think you jumped the gun.  Don't worry.  I'm sure the opportunity for this angle will present itself.

I try to stay out of these types of celebrity death bulletin points that appear to always pop up after every death now.  I doubt we'll see "Who cares about Paul Walker when they're millions of people dying everyday here and here?" in this thread but this conversation is happening somewhere on facebook right now.  Tired.

Seen that too on another board. Annoys me because it's a sad death whoever it happens to. Just happens that Paul Walker is bigger news than other 40 year old car crash victims.

They CONFIRMED he was dead when absolutely nothing had happened to him. Then, they had the sheer audacity to stand by it.

TMZ had the MMA world in suspense for three hours. It was incredible.

No one bats a thousand.  ESPN reported an UFC guy had died this week when he wasn't dead.  Not only that, but the guy they had writing the article hadn't done anything of the sort and had to go on Twitter to tell everyone that he hadn't written the article.

They CONFIRMED he was dead when absolutely nothing had happened to him. Then, they had the sheer audacity to stand by it.

TMZ had the MMA world in suspense for three hours. It was incredible.

No one bats a thousand.  ESPN reported an UFC guy had died this week when he wasn't dead.  Not only that, but the guy they had writing the article hadn't done anything of the sort and had to go on Twitter to tell everyone that he hadn't written the article.

Duh, I moderate the MMA forum so I know about this.

TMZ is still retarded for that.

Much like when a wrestler dies, people can show sympathy for their passing even though they didn't think much for the performer's body of work.

I've only seen the most recent Fast movie but you could replace him with Channing Tatum or the guy from Thor easy enough.

I think the death of anyone who dies young and wasn't a terrible person is sad.

Especially when there are kids involved.  Everyone seems to be forgetting that a teenage girl will be crying herself to sleep for a very long time, I imagine.  No one should lose a parent like that. I think we can all sympathize with that.

• Like 1

I don't care if he wasn't the greatest actor. His movies were entertaining. Very entertaining even. He was perfect for the Fast series too. There are plenty of critically acclaimed films that I just will not watch because the subject matter is so far beyond anything I could possibly care about seeing... 

It's not always about who is the best actor or actress. Give me entertaining movies.

Edit: No, believe it or not...  Not just ANYONE could have played Paul Walker's role because in order to be THAT smug and arrogant you have to have the looks to go with it and I'm secure in saying that Paul was a very attractive dude.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fuck this. This fucking sucks. It really, really sucks. Way too young.

RIP

Paul Walker was gangster as fuck. To a lot of people, he was an actor, but he was also an aspiring marine biologist. I remember watching him in the background every now and then tagging great white sharks on a Discovery Channel show. I know I'm in the minority, but I thought he was an incredibly talented and humble guy, and now he leaves behind a little girl. Too bad.