DVDVR Message Board

Paul Walker has died.

Big Fresh

@MarleeMatlin: Regarding Paul Walker, I heard it from a friend who produced the Fast & Furious franchise. it's true he has passed. RIP Paul Walker.

She heard it?????

She has 20% hearing in one ear.

• Like 1

I do find it remarkable that the internet has now reached the point where we assume a true death is a hoax. Way to go internet.

Some condescending fucks owe a scumbag operation like TMZ an apology now. Some of them in this very thread.....

I do find it remarkable that the internet has now reached the point where we assume a true death is a hoax.  Way to go internet.

To be fair, we've been hit with so may death hoaxes via the 'Net.  The cynicism is founded in reality, I'm afraid.

And as much flak TMZ gets (much of it deserved), then tend to tread lightly regarding deaths.  And they tend to get that sort of thing right.

I do find it remarkable that the internet has now reached the point where we assume a true death is a hoax.  Way to go internet.

And as much flak TMZ gets (much of it deserved), then tend to tread lightly regarding deaths.  And they tend to get that sort of thing right.

0722091tulsa2b.jpg

• Like 1

To be fair, we've been hit with so may death hoaxes via the 'Net.  The cynicism is founded in reality, I'm afraid.

Nothing wrong in 2013 for wanting multiple sources on a story, esp a death, be it the AP or TMZ.

I agree, but that's kind of my point.  The internet is such a cesspool that expecting it's a hoax is a reasonable position. 

Nothing wrong in 2013 for wanting multiple sources on a story, esp a death, be it the AP or TMZ.

Sure, but mocking the media for "not checking their sources" when your source was that massmedia site that was complete BS???

I don't owe them shit. Several times they have reported a death that wasn't so anytime they are the first source for a death I take it with a grain of salt.

Joy Ride was legit one of my favorite movies back in the day. Time to give that a rewatch. Cannnnndy Cannnneeeeeee.

0722091tulsa2b.jpg

I did say TEND to get this sort of thing right.  I left a margin for error.  Because, TMZ-Internet hoax-etc.

So did they finish filming Fast 7?

I doubt it unless they got everything in within two months.

Yeah, they started in September and the focus for the first month was mostly on stunt work and car chases. I doubt there's even enough to pull some sort of Brandon Lee-esque CGI trick.

So did they finish filming Fast 7?

I doubt it unless they got everything in within two months.

If that's the case, then that movie is in for a ton of rewrites. Maybe now because of Walker's death they'll make Statham's character into more of a juggernaut, and have him kill half of the Fast cast.

0722091tulsa2b.jpg

I did say TEND to get this sort of thing right.  I left a margin for error.  Because, TMZ-Internet hoax-etc.

They CONFIRMED he was dead when absolutely nothing had happened to him. Then, they had the sheer audacity to stand by it.

TMZ had the MMA world in suspense for three hours. It was incredible.

Sure, but mocking the media for "not checking their sources" when your source was that massmedia site that was complete BS???

Who gives a shit about any of that? Take it elsewhere. Nobody cares.

This is depressing. Me and my friends have gone to every Fast movie since we were young. We're probably among Walker's biggest fans.

• Like 1

I don't owe them shit. Several times they have reported a death that wasn't so anytime they are the first source for a death I take it with a grain of salt.

Joy Ride was legit one of my favorite movies back in the day. Time to give that a rewatch. Cannnnndy Cannnneeeeeee.

I was referring to Ryan.