DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2023 - 2ND HALF

RIPPA

I'm still sad the A's managed to kinda stabilize themselves into being just a bad team instead of the historically awful one they were the first couple months of the year.

I mean, they're still on pace to lose about 117 games, but they were looking at a run towards 130 loses for a bit there.

3 hours ago, Tabe said:

That seems impossible to believe.  The A's have been around for 123 seasons and have never blown a 5-run lead in the 9th?

It’s because it wasn’t true

The actual stat is that it never happened since they moved to Oakland

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

That's still a pretty impressive 50+ year run.

The cynic in me might say that they have been terrible for so many of those years that they didn't have many 5+ run leads to blow

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Angel Hernandez's discrimination case against MLB was rejected by a Federal Appeals court

My favorite part of the lawsuit is Hernandez claims he was discriminated against by Joe Torre because Torre was still pissed at calls Hernandez made while Torre was managing the Yankees.

(It should be noted that the Judge said Hernandez provided no evidence about that claim nor did he provide any evidence towards any of his other claims)

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The cynic in me might say that they have been terrible for so many of those years that they didn't have many 5+ run leads to blow

And when they were good enough, they had pretty good closers. . . 

• Like 1

Btw - in case you were wondering what the last 6 weeks of the season are gonna look like as a Yankees fan

Its daily stories that Derek Jeter is replacing Brian Cashman as GM

The Rays Shane McClanahan requires TJ and is now expected to miss the entire 2024 season

He is the third member of the Rays season opening starting rotation to require major surgery this year (Jeffrey Springs and Drew Rasmussen are the others) and that doesn't count Shane Baz who has been out already after having TJ

Clearly what Tampa is doing works but they fucking churn through pitchers

On 8/15/2023 at 4:13 AM, RIPPA said:

It’s because it wasn’t true

The actual stat is that it never happened since they moved to Oakland

I wondered if that was the case but when you say "franchise history" for A's, that includes Philly and KC. 

On 8/16/2023 at 8:05 AM, RIPPA said:

The Rays Shane McClanahan requires TJ and is now expected to miss the entire 2024 season

He is the third member of the Rays season opening starting rotation to require major surgery this year (Jeffrey Springs and Drew Rasmussen are the others) and that doesn't count Shane Baz who has been out already after having TJ

Clearly what Tampa is doing works but they fucking churn through pitchers

Just for the Yang to this Yin - Andrew Kittredge was activated last night as he returns from his TJ surgery in June 2022

LAA - in a desperate attempt to try anything to stay in the race - are calling up 1B Nolan Schanuel who they literally just drafted 11th overall.

It should be noted he has only been in AA for like 5 weeks

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

LAA - in a desperate attempt to try anything to stay in the race - are calling up 1B Nolan Schanuel who they literally just drafted 11th overall.

John Olerud says hi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Because when you can start the free agency clock a couple of years early, you DO it. . .lol

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

his full name would be amazing if he was a pitcher

Nolan Ryan Schanuel

On 8/18/2023 at 8:10 AM, RIPPA said:

To be fair, he had a .955 OPS in those 5 weeks. 

It says more about the quality of the National League this year but I saw that right now the Washington Nationals with maybe 2 star players have a better chance of making the playoffs than the Yankees 😁

Edited by hammerva