DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2023 - 1ST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

As long as they’re expansions and not relocations

John Fisher is literally reading these articles with gigantic dollar signs in his eyes.  

• Thanks 1

Vegas is the #1 relocation spot - Passan even brings it up in the story

Basically Vegas is matched with the As. If through a miracle of God - the As stay in Oakland, then Vegas will most likely get the Rays

Portland, Nashville and SLC are the three teams with actual groups put together but you can bet the second Manfred announces that MLB will actually expand - Charlotte and Montreal will have groups too

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If through a miracle of God - the As stay in Oakland, then Vegas will most likely get the Rays

i know the Rays have been rumored to be moved for quite a while, and i'm not necessarily against the idea (i don't live in florida, why should i really care?). hell, i was even intrigued by the dual home city concept they floated a couple years back.

but i dunno how i feel about Vegas. more importantly, if they're no longer the [devil] rays, i don't know if i could support them. come on, mlb, don't put me thru that.

During yesterday's Yanks/Guardians game - umpire Larry Vanover was hit in the face by a relay throw in the 5th inning (No one needs to see the video but basically Vanover was in between 2nd and the pitching mound and ended up in the way a throw by Andrés Giménez)

Vanover (who is 67) walked off the field under his own power but he was taken to a hospital where he actually still remains as he is being evaluated for a concussion and "other medical issues"

He was assigned to be in Cincy today which clearly isn't happening

On 4/12/2023 at 2:13 PM, RIPPA said:

If through a miracle of God - the As stay in Oakland, then Vegas will most likely get the Rays

feels like anybody outside of Oakland moving to Vegas opens the door for MLB to do a a deeper realignment of divisions than just "Vegas Rays to the West, new AL Central team, new AL West team"

I've semi-joked about this AL Alignment which would be the "Screw Seattle" alignment

AL North: Boston, Minnesota, Yankees, Seattle, Toronto

AL Middle: Baltimore, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Kansas City

AL South: Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Oakland, Texas

But unless they're going to 32, I guess the Rays in Vegas could lead to something like this

Vegas Rays from AL East to AL West. Tigers from the AL Central to AL East. Colorado from NL West to AL Central. Then they'd offer a trip to the NL West to the Astros, Rangers, or Mariners. Or Oakland moves to Nashville, and the switch is Rays to AL West, Tigers to AL East, Nashville to AL Central.

Or Rays to AL West, Marlins to AL East, Nashville to NL East.

And that's the scenarios where they don't just abolish the leagues and create geographic divisions.

Going to 32 almost certainly means four 4 team divisions unless they surprise us by going to two 8 team divisions.

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

The Rays have tied the 1982 Braves and the 1987 Brewers for the longest win streak to start the season: 13-0.

Please make it stop. 

Well they finally get their first test starting tomorrow - 3 games in Toronto

But then they go back to cupcakes (Reds and White Sox)

Let's just check back on May 31st (since their May is A LOT different than their April)

Ohtani is starting the Patriots Day game at Fenway, which means someone gets to find out what kind of Japanese ratings Ohtani would draw for a baseball game starting at 12:10am in Tokyo (which is actually a better time in Japan than pretty much every day game time)

12 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

How was the poutine dog?

I thought it was really good. Had it as is. Had some fries, cheese curds and gravy on the dog and it tied in together really nicely. The buns are really good too. Personally, next time I'm going to put on some ketchup because that's how I've always had my poutine, going back to my high school days.

Amazing job with the Outfield District though. Brought alot of life in what used to be dead space in the ballpark. 

Edited by Infinit
  • Like 1

Giants and Logan Webb agree to a 5 year, $90 million extension

Salary breakdown

• 2024 - $8 million
  • 2025 - $12 million
  • 2026 - $23 million
  • 2027 - $23 million
  • 2028 - $24 million

Buys out Webb's last 2 arb years and first 3 years of FA

Speaking of the Rays - SP Jeffrey Springs left Thursday's start due to elbow discomfort

Well it turns out that Springs is now going to miss at least two months and apparently the injury extends beyond the initial nerve inflammation diagnosis