DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K14.

So in other words, the created story line option hasn't added anything new(even though they led us astray by telling us it was in the game...pisser.

And I never did see what happened to dude's promotion that involve ROH and bringing in fresh meat go to the NXT once a wrassler started kicking enough ass to make it in the promotion....ah hell, I'm confused.

Anyways...

k36fpy.jpg

Ric Flair: "DR, WHOOOOOO!!!?"

They actually patched this. Mostly takes care of audio errors like the silent announcer in title matches, but also made slightly larger create an arena apron logos (kind of small still), and then a shitload of censorship in story mode because you could beat up divas and stuff with dudes

The next UFC game would greatly benefit from a Rousey Streak mode where she armbars you out of fucking nowhere. I had an awesome HHH-Taker match in the Streak mode where I got the Hell's Gate locked onto me twice, and did the Rampage powerbomb counter TWICE and countered the tombstome twice before eventually beating him.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally diving into this a little bit more and having a good deal of fun though I'm getting really frustrated trying to pin SCSA right after the QTE Rock Bottom in Rock/Austin 3 (I'm up thru 2008, and that's the only match I haven't been able to get every historical goal on).  I don't seem to have the mindset to really use Universe mode to its fullest, so I've been reduced to just playing Cesaro and trying to get him into more interesting programs.

• 2 weeks later...

What the fuck is this shit? Where's Piper? His model is a guest ref at WM X, but he isn't DLC or anywhere else. Lame!

I must say 30 years of WM is pretty dope up untill the Ruthless Aggression era. I started to lose interest after WM 18.

Finished 30 years of Wrestlemania last night. Couldn't manage to hit all objects in the Cena/Orton/HHH triple threat. Hitting that punt takes fucking forever.

The one thing I mainly got out of this game is how unbelievably skippable the last ten Wrestlemania's were. As for the mode itself, some strange choices for matches that you have to recreate. The mode gets progressively worse after each 'era' and the Universe era is just plain boring (except for the Undertaker matches).

Finished 30 years of Wrestlemania last night. Couldn't manage to hit all objects in the Cena/Orton/HHH triple threat. Hitting that punt takes fucking forever.

The one thing I mainly got out of this game is how unbelievably skippable the last ten Wrestlemania's were. As for the mode itself, some strange choices for matches that you have to recreate. The mode gets progressively worse after each 'era' and the Universe era is just plain boring (except for the Undertaker matches).

I managed to complete all objectives in the Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Triple H Triple Threa match at WrestleMania XXIV. The hardest objective was pinning somebody with the Punt in ten seconds. Randy Orton doesn't do it straight away so you're hoping the guy you aren't doing the move on doesn't get up to stop the count. I did it with ONE SECOND LEFT. Felt good that because I lost the so frustrating Steve Austin vs. Kane match in Attitude Era mode when you have to pin Kane  ten seconds after the Stone Cold Stunner when Paul Bearer tries to distract the referee by one second in WWE '13's Attitude Era mode.

I didn't enjoy 30 Years of WrestleMania as much as Attitude Era mode in the previous game.

Conan O'Brien "reviewed" the game on his show, for anyone who's interested:

Was just coming in here to post this.  I love when he mocks Sheamus for having a cross on his ass and Cole's announcing of "With every evil step.." for Kane.

So, wasn't there supposed to be a way to edit Entrances/attires for Superstars?  Like, Bryan's in with his "No" stuff, but there's supposed to be a way to switch it to his "Yes" stuff, and give him the long hair, right?

Outside of that, and needing to DL the Wyatt's and a few other guys, been having a blast with the WM mode, although I'm only up to 5.  

And I can't beat Taker in Streak Mode yet.

So, wasn't there supposed to be a way to edit Entrances/attires for Superstars?  Like, Bryan's in with his "No" stuff, but there's supposed to be a way to switch it to his "Yes" stuff, and give him the long hair, right?

Outside of that, and needing to DL the Wyatt's and a few other guys, been having a blast with the WM mode, although I'm only up to 5.  

And I can't beat Taker in Streak Mode yet.

Beat him to death with chairs and shit on the floor, then go for something with an auto-pin or submission since he can counter into Hell's Gate or a chokeslam super-easily going for a regular cover.

Anyone familiar with Universe mode? It seems to have improved a bit compared to 2013, but still there isn't a lot of variation when it comes to cut scenes. I only once had the option to select something (Hit him or leave the ring).

I know tampering with the rivalries and their matches will cause them to reset. But if I change a match that isn't a rivalry match does that still affect anything? I know WWE 2013 was very prone to little changes you would make (even changing attires could reset things in Universe mode).

So first question; has the online creations came to a hault? Any good current Bray Wyatt's? Random stuff like Vampiro from when he looked kick-ass in WCW but his ring work was the drizzling shites? Chikara dudes? Indy guys? If anyone wants to show a few of the awesome creations, feel free or just drop some links. Thanks ahead of time.

SECONDLY; Has ANY of the Japanese promotions put out a product recently that rivals the WWE series? I'd love to know. Once again thanks ahead of time.

-Bizzurke