DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 17 (Clean Version)

Just Adam Bay Bay

This is from his marketing rep who is in contact with the family:

Update on Damar: His vitals are back to normal and they have put him to sleep to put a breathing tube down his throat. They are currently running tests. We will provide updates as we have them.

e: or what hammer said

Edited by elizium
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Sounds like his vitals back to normal according to Jordon Rooney on Twitter and is breathing through a tube.  Not sure if that takes him out of critical condition but sounds like great news 

Once CPR has been performed, the next 48 hours are super critical. Crashes or brain function not returning are not uncommon. Vitals within normal limits is very good news though. That means his organs, most importantly his brain and lungs are getting oxygen

Edited by elizium
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Sounds like his vitals back to normal according to Jordon Rooney on Twitter and is breathing through a tube.  Not sure if that takes him out of critical condition but sounds like great news 

It may be a positive sign, but a lot depends on if they can stabilize him.  If he crashes (frequently), they may need to shock his heart to get normal rhythm back.  That does damage in and of itself, as you might expect.  Additionally, they probably will have to give him meds to regulate blood pressure and the like.  If they have to push a high level of drugs, there’s a high risk of complications.  I volunteered in an ER for about 12 years.  Saw people get revived only to suffer organ failure 12 hours later because of the high volume of meds needed to keep their bodies going.

The other concern is brain damage, which can’t be properly accessed until he wakes  up.  It looked like they gave him CPR for about 10 min, which in an awfully long time for the brain to be without oxygen.  If he was without oxygen for that long, some degree of cognitive or neurological impairment is possible.  Actually, it is probably likely.  My er experiences taught me that, If I ever stop breathing for more  than a couple minutes, I would much rather just die.  I’m not keen on being brought back as a shell or losing the use of one side of my body or whatever.  

I’m not an expert and the unlikely does happen, but I’ve seen my share of people revived after several minutes and the results are usually sad.  I actually once had to administer CPR to an elderly woman for about three minutes.  She had a heart attack in the hospital gift shop while I was in there buying a drink and I administered CPR until the hospital’s trauma response team 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, elizium said:

People with checkmarks doesn’t mean what it used to, but I assume you mean actual reporters 

yeah, Cincy sports anchors are the ones who got the ball rolling there.

But there's the requisite bouncing rumors on various things right now. Like "they'll have an update on him" "no they won't" stuff. Basically the fog of uncertainty.

It is truly the best of the net on twitter right now as the following things are all happening:

1) People assuming Jerry Lawler is trying to get some shine on himself for pointing out that something similar happened to him or hinting that wrestling is fake so what does he know

2) People getting upset that the majority of the Bills are flying back home instead of going to the hospital en masse (with a side helping of people not knowing that teams fly home after games and don't stay overnight)

3) People getting on medical professionals who are explaining what might have happened - especially the ones who state that it had nothing to do with the vaccine. Sidenote: people talking about myocarditis are actually talking about the idea that the vaccines cause inflammation of the heart

On the other hand, Skip Bayless is getting ratioed like mad at about a 3 to 1 rate of 90K comments to 30K likes. Why he just doesn't delete the tweet, I don't know.

17 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Go ahead and take away the gold star from the leagues actions tonight

https://twitter.com/DavidShuster/status/1610119800163897346?s=20&t=89F9NzWGf6lVosCWHztmaQ

To me it seemed to be what happened because u see Taylor come over to McDermott and them have a convo away from the league officials. But then we hear nothing for an hour or so.  Goodell and the league definitely wanted to continue.  Good on the players and coaches for saying F off.  Prayers for Damar.  So sad. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Go ahead and take away the gold star from the leagues actions tonight

https://twitter.com/DavidShuster/status/1610119800163897346?s=20&t=89F9NzWGf6lVosCWHztmaQ

It’s an unprecedented situation.  I dunno that you can fault the league for not getting it right immediately.

Holier-than-thou attitudes are wearing me out tonite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lostinube said:

People getting upset that the majority of the Bills are flying back home instead of going to the hospital en masse (with a side helping of people not knowing that teams fly home after games and don't stay overnight)

Suspect that most tweeters are not aware that private jet flight is a fast way to get somewhere.

Unless Buffalo randomly gets buried by snow in the next 12 hours and they can't get back to Cincinnati, flying to Buffalo doesn't change anything that wasn't already kinda baked-in before they flew home.

I still doubt they play Tuesday and that this game isn't gonna be completed. That's not gonna be because of flying home. That's gonna be because all the factors makes it difficult to play this game.

Also, the league is either lying blatantly about the 5 minutes thing, or somebody fucked somebody in a game of telephone.

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

Supposedly a player in 1970 for the Lions did die on the field during a game.  No idea if they knew he died during the game but given how the NFL was back then probably didn't matter anyway

Chuck Hughes. He actually died in the hospital a bit later but, essentially, he was already dead on the field. Dick Butkus is the one who called for help from trainers. Hughes had been misdiagnosed at a hospital previously after complaining of chest pains when they missed the condition that ultimately led to his death. 

They did continue the game. Players waited after the game for word on his condition and were informed after he passed which, again, was not during the game. 

Edited by Tabe

I approve of the decision to postpone the game, but holy shit.  The tweets from people in favor of delay are fucking insane.  i cannot tell if it is out of genuine respect for Hamlin or if it is some sick narcissistic contest to see who can ride the tallest high horse.

• Thanks 1