DVDVR Message Board

December 2022 Wrestling Pics and GIFs

10 hours ago, Wee Bey said:

YES! The first match they had on the *checks notes* 4/29/96 Nitro is a Nitro classic, IMO. They have rematches to diminishing returns before Fire and Ice break up way too quickly.

I'd say 4/29/96 Nitro is a must-watch.

5/20/96 Nitro is a watch if you want more because it's pretty good.

Then they have two matches in July, one at GAB that is solid and then one more match on Nitro that isn't really worth going out of your way to see, IMO. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 9:16 PM, Log said:

My favorite Liger is heel Liger. Other than maybe Hashimoto, no one does "asshole from another promotion" better than him.

One of my favourite finishes ever is Liger taunting Sasuke for botching a top rope move in the semi-finals of the NJPW Super J Cup 1994.

• Like 1

Calf Branding is such a tough move to do without making it look so fake. You need the first few guys to take it face first, and sell it like a career ending injury before you can keep it in your repertoire. The best version of that I’ve see is from the anime manga Kinnikuman. Calf Branding is Terryman’s signature spot. But he usually gets a good hold of a character, and crushes their head like a watermelon sometimes.

De33W4sVQAATOFd.jpg

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1