DVDVR Message Board

December 2022 Wrestling Pics and GIFs

On 12/18/2022 at 1:34 AM, The Green Meanie said:

Who's Super Fly in this case? Snuka?

I'm not sure I'd qualify Honky Tonk Man as a wrestling star from Japan.

Different Ferris. Earthquake Ferris split time between the AWA and Central States in the 80s. Still very much not a wrestling star from Japan, though

On 12/16/2022 at 7:30 PM, The Natural said:

FjlZwZmUcAA8rvf?format=jpg&name=medium

Still one of the dumbest things they've ever done. This moment absolutely killed Orton and he didn't recover until the Legend Killer stuff with Undertaker the next year. He went from being crazy over, getting cheered over Benoit in Canada when he won the title, to looking like such a goober. He should have turned on Evolution, not get literally dumped by them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wee Bey said:

Jesus, I was there live and it took so long to set up the wire that they didn't even get into the ring until almost midnight. Great brawl though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pete said:

Jesus, I was there live and it took so long to set up the wire that they didn't even get into the ring until almost midnight. Great brawl though.

That is the match that I saw one random summer night in 1995 on MSG flipping through channels that introduced me to ECW. It was like nothing I had ever seen before and I instantly became a huge ECW fan staying up until 2am in the morning on school nights to watch the show and getting into class at 7am bleary eyed and barely awake.