DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 6

Dolfan in NYC

Chiefs are probably a 3/4 seed level team that might be a 2 if nobody emerges out of the North/South to take the 2 seed. 

But the Chiefs are probably pretty good for a team where the QB is obviously not on the same page as the OC.

Feels like we're due for a little more optimism among Jets fans, maybe they'll beat the Bills, and then something will happen to knock the Jets back down the ladder. Like how the Dolphins best win of the season was against the Bills and now they're in the slog because their QBs get hurt every week

• Like 1

So would Brady be 1-5 right now if not for the 2 games where somebody touched him or am I imagining things. 

My take on the Chiefs ever since their SB winning season is that they aren’t always ready to play football. They have so much talent even if they lost a couple guys. Mahomes wings it half the time and it usually works but when it doesn’t...you know. If he plays football for years and years I could see him looking like Favre. Once his legs and his swivel neck wears out there will be atleast a turnover every game, a few games with 2, and a game with 7 lol!

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

I'm starting to wonder if the Eagles might be for real. No one looks great so far, so why not them out of the NFC?

There are only four winning teams in the NFC right now, and Philly is wearing one of the other three out right now. They look like the class of the conference to me. And the AFC looks like it could be a death march for whoever gets to the Super Bowl.

as for where the AFC goes through, i'm just hoping for a week 18 that's similar to the Week 17 a few years ago with Kevin Harlan calling both games where I was on a SDR site listening in on Patriots/Dolphins from a Key West radio station, which was the most effort I ever put into being slightly ahead (for some reason, my TV is like one or two plays behind other TVs so looking at Twitter during Chiefs games can spoil what's about to happen)

quite a few teams have some radio affiliate out in the hinderlands that is on RadioGarden and doesn't turn their feed off during games (how I listened in on the Broncos last week), so I know where to go if I ever need to listen to the Dallas Cowboys radio network. I'm not inclined to rat out stations though.

Cooper was hit on all of those ducks. He played very well. However I do think Dak is still their better choice and should be the starter. I haven’t seen all the Cowboys games but the reason he didn’t try a pass over 20 YDs has to be because he doesn’t have the arm. They had nothing to lose at the end and he didn’t even. 

5 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

My take on the Chiefs ever since their SB winning season is that they aren’t always ready to play football. They have so much talent even if they lost a couple guys. Mahomes wings it half the time and it usually works but when it doesn’t...you know. If he plays football for years and years I could see him looking like Favre. Once his legs and his swivel neck wears out there will be atleast a turnover every game, a few games with 2, and a game with 7 lol!

I would agree with this.  

And let's not completely overlook that 2 of KC's losses have ended when Mahomes threw brutal last drive picks when he could have just thrown the ball away and lived for another play.

10 hours ago, Tabe said:

I would agree with this.  

And let's not completely overlook that 2 of KC's losses have ended when Mahomes threw brutal last drive picks when he could have just thrown the ball away and lived for another play.

That was actually a lesson that Josh Allen took three years to learn, and one I was afraid he wouldn't. He finally, now, will throw the ball away. Or spike the ball at the running back's feet. I think its probably a harder lesson to learn than we give it credit for, especially with the game on the line and the pressure put on QBs to always deliver. But if Mahomes does get better at that he'll be almost unstoppable as he has all the other tools.

• Like 3