Jump to content

Grand Slam II - Dynamite - 9/21/2022


Dolfan in NYC
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

Observation: I miss Kenny more than Punk. Punk can stay home. 

 

5 minutes ago, hobo joe said:

I never want to see Punk again.

 

3 minutes ago, SprintingFromAmerica said:

Rumblings suggest Punk is getting bought out of his contract and gone.

I think you'll get your wish and CM Punk's gone. Amazing that his time in AEW might have lasted just over one year - returns after seven years at AEW Rampage The First Dance (20th August 2021) and his last event, AEW All Out 2022 (4th September 2022). Some going that.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A Rampage spoiler I almost accidentally just clicked post on because I forgot on which show it happened thanks to $250 worth of Heineken (and boy did I enjoy those 3 beers):

Spoiler

TK really ought to take Kingston out to eat or on vacation once in a while if he's gonna keep fucking him like this. Just baffling

 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't want to get into a whole argument about this, but the thing that made me cringe was the thought that she's about to feud with Sloppy Charlotte, DDS.   Who, literally seconds before Saraya's music hit, did a curbstomp.  

I'm not in the business, I don't know what they go through or what they think...  but someone needs to have had a long conversation with Saraya and know that if she is getting back in the ring as a competitor (and it looks like that's the case), she needs to know that AEW's style (from what I've seen) is WAY more physical than WWE (cf. Baker's nose during the segment) and she is going to have to protect herself like crazy, because no one else in AEW will.  Or maybe can. 

I dunno.   

I'm thinking a lot about the pregnancy announcement scene in Steel Magnolias:

 I guess I'll choose to focus on the good news of Saraya coming back and living her dream.   But I'm a worrier, and I just hope this is for the best. 

Sorry everyone, I'll stop now. 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Y'all couldnt figure out the constant cuts was due to the jackholes ringside holding up their fake nWo belts everytime they knew they were on tv?

I figured that.  I guess Khan doesn't want bad public reactions, but (as we've talked about here), he needs to do something about jackoffs with huge signs, belts, fatheads, and related unnecessary bullshit ruining his production.

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I don't know if people realized this on TV or not, but they set up the stage on the opposite end this year - meaning the seats I bought for their impeccable view of the ring were now directly behind the KhanTron.

 

Oh man, I was looking at that weird layout last night and thinking how bad it must be in those seats.

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm not in the business, I don't know what they go through or what they think...  but someone needs to have had a long conversation with Saraya and know that if she is getting back in the ring as a competitor (and it looks like that's the case), she needs to know that AEW's style (from what I've seen) is WAY more physical than WWE (cf. Baker's nose during the segment) and she is going to have to protect herself like crazy, because no one else in AEW will.  Or maybe can. 

 

Seriously.  Show her the video of Ruby falling right on her head at the last PPV.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I don't want to get into a whole argument about this, but the thing that made me cringe was the thought that she's about to feud with Sloppy Charlotte, DDS.   Who, literally seconds before Saraya's music hit, did a curbstomp.  

I'm not in the business, I don't know what they go through or what they think...  but someone needs to have had a long conversation with Saraya and know that if she is getting back in the ring as a competitor (and it looks like that's the case), she needs to know that AEW's style (from what I've seen) is WAY more physical than WWE (cf. Baker's nose during the segment) and she is going to have to protect herself like crazy, because no one else in AEW will.  Or maybe can. 

I dunno.   

I'm thinking a lot about the pregnancy announcement scene in Steel Magnolias:

 I guess I'll choose to focus on the good news of Saraya coming back and living her dream.   But I'm a worrier, and I just hope this is for the best. 

Sorry everyone, I'll stop now. 

The women's matches are often more dire than the men's ones. Well, any non-Fenix match anyway. I swear the rate of women taking dangerous head bumps or looking like they narrowly avoided a neck injury is high.

I would think Saraya knows what she's getting into, it's a matter if her neck can hold up to it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Speaking of, the way Athena takes bumps (like for the stomp last night) right on her goddamn forehead always terrifies me.

When that first happened I legit thought Baker deliberately did it at a wonky angle as a receipt for the broken nose ?

Do we think heel PAC is turning on the Lucha Bros and taking over his nemesis' spot as the leader of House of Black? Seems like the kind of thing that makes perfect wrestling-sense. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also Dave today talking about how nobody in the business other than Roman or MJF have "that aura" right now when the Acclaimed have been consistently more over than both of them for weeks ?

Edit: at least he said they shouldn't job to FTR yet, which I was sure he would be a big proponent of 

Edited by Belgian_Waffle
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I actually don't either, but he needs an attitude check if he's going to come back.

I would say this and an apology for making a scene during the presser, which only added a bunch of unnecessary drama. If I could put myself in his shoes, it would be something as simple as saying, "look, I really apologize for my conduct the last time you all saw me. I made comments about co-workers while also saying that if you have an issue with me, don't go talking to anyone else, just comes to me. This in no way erases any issues I may have with whoever, but I should have just gone up to them privately and been the bigger person. I'm sorry for the position it put Tony in, I'm sorry for the heat it put on everyone else, and I'm sorry for contributing to this idiotic notion that we have a dysfunctional locker room. I may have issues with a handful of folks, but this is still by far the best locker room I have ever worked in and there's a ton of people I still want to work with as long as my body can hold up it's end of the bargain. So I'm sorry. I'm old and I'd like to think I've matured past tendencies I've had in the past, but I'm not without flaws and sometimes, as everyone saw, those tendencies like to bubble up to the surface. I'm back if you'll all have me back."

Basically, he needs to Jamie Tart the fuck out of whatever he's going to say to everybody. Season 2 Jamie Tart. Not season 1.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Do we think heel PAC is turning on the Lucha Bros and taking over his nemesis' spot as the leader of House of Black? Seems like the kind of thing that makes perfect wrestling-sense. 

House of PAC

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Also Dave today talking about how nobody in the business other than Roman or MJF have "that aura" right now when the Acclaimed have been consistently more over than both of them for weeks ?

Edit: at least he said they shouldn't job to FTR yet, which I was sure he would be a big proponent of 

MJF might have “that aura” but the normally reliable YouTube engagement numbers have The Acclaimed higher than him after last night, and Moxley and Saraya above both. 
 

Will be interesting to see going forward. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MJF's aura is totally manufactured and protected, Acclaimed is authentic and earned through hard work and crowd response. And now MJF is losing the one interesting thing he had going, being the classic cowardly heel who lived the character and wasn't trying to be cool.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...