DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/31/2022

The Natural

Stokely obviously makes any act better. I already thought Ethan Page + the Gunn kids would be absolutely off-the-charts levels of obnoxious. Now if they're adding some muscle to it with Morrissey, that's going to be an amazing stable.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

That was a really entertaining episode.

I'm slightly confused about the Andrade/Dark Order segment - Jose (attempted to) taze Preston, who did not react. Was he:
1) Supposed to react, but forgot
or
2) Jose missed but they did the sound affect anyways
or
3) Make it seem like Preston was tazed, but no sold it due to...strength?

I saw it as Jose threatened with the taser to get Preston to back down.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Right so if you do a Spike Piledriver you are utilizing gravity and leaning your weight and momentum into the piledriver. 

The Meltzer Driver, silly though it may be, has the Spiker flipping in the same direction as the Piledriver. Downwards and all that.

If you're doing a Shooting Star Press, you're rotating up. Your body is spinning in the opposite direction of the way you're trying to jam the Piledrivee. The move was totally wack.

Mark

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

QT Marshall and Smart Mark Sterling are too similar to one another to both be used as much as they are. 

I feel like you could frame this into an argument that was actually true, but you didn't pull it off with that post. They're wildly different as characters, personalities, backgrounds, real life skillsets, clientele/charges, roles even. The only thing that's the same is that neither guy has an it factor and both are kind of at a 93 Memphis level instead of an 83 Memphis level. QT is sort of Mike Samples level. Sterling is more.. I don't know, Ronnie Lott level?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Stokely obviously makes any act better. I already thought Ethan Page + the Gunn kids would be absolutely off-the-charts levels of obnoxious. Now if they're adding some muscle to it with Morrissey, that's going to be an amazing stable.

That’s a very high composite level of face punchability. 

I’m interested.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

QT Marshall and Smart Mark Sterling are too similar to one another to both be used as much as they are. 

Also Tony Neese is much better suited for the role of "Final Boss of Youtube" than QT

• Like 3

I’ll have my full review tomorrow but what an absolutely shittastic way for Mox’s title reign to end; (presumably) dropping the belt to an over the hill, pretentious, self obsessed asswad who can’t hold a candle to him in any aspect of the business. Ruined an otherwise great episode of dynamite, and might have caused me not to order the show…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I feel like you could frame this into an argument that was actually true, but you didn't pull it off with that post. They're wildly different as characters, personalities, backgrounds, real life skillsets, clientele/charges, roles even. The only thing that's the same is that neither guy has an it factor and both are kind of at a 93 Memphis level instead of an 83 Memphis level. QT is sort of Mike Samples level. Sterling is more.. I don't know, Ronnie Lott level?

Hah, I mean... they're both slimey heel managers who wrestle sometimes. Sterling has high profile clientele while QT assembles all the sleazy jobbers. But essentially they're both there as punching bags/foils. I know QT is popular backstage as a trainer (and agent?) so maybe just keep him off tv if he's already found a role elsewhere. Personally I don't really get much out of either guy and they seem extra superfluous now that Stokely's there, although dueling heel manager factions sounds fun too. 

This is absolutely adorable.  Mei Suruga overslept for her Dynamite Watchalong and the first thing she wakes up to is the main event.  This is great.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, just drew said:

I’ll have my full review tomorrow but what an absolutely shittastic way for Mox’s title reign to end; (presumably) dropping the belt to an over the hill, pretentious, self obsessed asswad who can’t hold a candle to him in any aspect of the business. Ruined an otherwise great episode of dynamite, and might have caused me not to order the show…

This gimmick is even worse than the Adam Cole hating one

• Like 4