DVDVR Message Board

Late Night Dynamite 9/22 & Regular Night Dynamite 9/23

Web Conn

Something tells me that Mox/Kingston is a story they aren't content with being one and done. I know they had to do some rebooking because of Cage not feeling well and Lance Archer having COVID, but the story is there for them to keep on with Moxley and Kingston if they want. Eddie screaming "You left us behind!" while he was chopping him, and almost crying... man, take my fucking money.

• Like 3

Opening match of Janella/Kiss vs Sabian/Miro was honestly kind of a mess. A lot (but even then not all) of the big moves still looked good but there was a lot of nonsense in between them unfortunately. This could have been better.

Forget the Jericho/Cassidy debate, I want a Kingston/Moxley debate that is just them yelling "go fuck yourself" at each other.

Evil Uno vs. Hangman Page was good TV wrestling. Uno is a guy that grows on me the more I see him. I think Omega is starting to get in a rhythm with his smug bullshit, like sneaking in calling Evil Uno's physique "hideous" out of the blue. I still would like to see him go a bit harder on it though, if that's where they are going with things.

I enjoyed the Matt Jackson/Skee A Vone bit.

Orange/Lee was a lot of fun. Lee is actually a really good seller when he's not demolishing people, I loved some of his "aw fuck I'm almost out" facial expressions in this. Still a little surprised they went for feeding Orange to Lee this quickly after Orange had such a big angle, but at least we got a fun match out of it. Not that it will hurt Orange any, so it's all good I suppose. I was not expecting the post match angle to go where it did but I'm cool with seeing the next chapter on that one. My guess is Cody will demolish a different Dark Order member every week leading up to the rematch. Lee's promo was good, I thought.

Literally everything Private Party wear on TV that isn't their ring gear looks better than their ring gear. Matt Hardy flubbed his promo. Chris Jericho did not. Also the look on Jericho's face when the challenge was issued was great. "This guy, seriously? lmao ok" then morphing into "this motherfucker is serious, oh we'll see about that". I am not sure how much I really care about that match but I do think the setup was good.

It's crazy how long Tully Blanchard was basically out of sight in wrestling. A gimmick where anyone who lasts 20 minutes with the champs gets their paycheck is actually pretty cool. FTR are growing on me on the mic, the chickenshit walkaway "actually this is for your own good" bit was actually good. Best Friends have honestly been great lately and I'm definitely down for them getting a title shot in a big feature match.

Ivelise/Diamante vs. Rosa/Shida, Rosa doing the Road Warrior Animal tribute paint was a nice touch. This match was a match that occurred on TV. More timing issues, a lot of them involving Diamante, but of course Shida had to get in her one timing flub a match too. Thunder Rosa is absolutely the best wrestler out of these four. I think this was probably still better than the opening match, but not by a lot. Tag matches kind of off the mark tonight.

Oh God, Jericho and MJF together. So much heel douchebag in one place. I'm honestly not sure what the point of this segment was, but it was entertaining.

Kingston vs Moxley was exactly what I wanted it to be. Bowling Shoe Ugly. Good gravy, those chops. Nice to see them follow through somehow on the Will Hobbs thing too despite Lance Arcehr not being around. Great last segment. Moxley reminds me of Cactus Jack where he only really seems happy if someone is beating the shit out of him and making him miserable.

• Like 2

Hey, Eddie transitioned into the Misawa facelock from the Stretch Plum. That's at least three holds. 

I've seen worse than the opener, was worried about Miro's leg there for a minute. Speaking of botches when Matt screwed up I wanted him to just stop, make the Broken Matt face and go "AHHHHHHHH" then go back into it like nothing happened. 

Towards the end of Brodie/Cassidy I was just like "okay this needs to be over with".

I loved both title matches.  Both tag matches were train wrecks.

Let Ivelisse be gone and let’s never speak of this run again.

I felt bad for Miro, because he seems genuinely excited to be out there and probably wanted to have a great non-WWE style match to kick off his AEW run, but, boy, that match was bad and he was a big part of the problem.

• Like 1

Was Brian Cage not there this week? He seemed conspicuously absent by the end. 

I really like Eddie Kingston's intensity. That visual of him crouched over Moxley at the end. He looked emotional and like he was about to cry. Fun main event considering it was a last-minute change due to Archer's COVID.

I think that was maybe the wrong choice of matchup for Miro's in-ring debut. Miro hasn't wrestled in about eight months. Couldn't they have given him a couple nobodies to squash until the ring rust gets worked out? Having him tag with Sabian just seems off to me.