DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2020

Charles Villanueva of Murphy's Multiverse is saying that Charlie Cox is back as Daredevil in Spider-Man 3, and that a revival of the Daredevil show is a possible announcement at the Disney investor meeting in a few days.

He's pretty damn reliable when it comes to scoops/leaks, too.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 3:09 AM, The Natural said:

It's going to be so difficult what to do with Black Panther since the late, great Chadwick Boseman passed away. Do you leave the character with Chadwick Boseman, cast somebody else as T'Challa knowing how loved/regarded Boseman is as a man and his peformance or have someone different with the Black Panther mantle? I assumed that would be Shuri but with Letitta Wright's heel turn? Do Marvel/Disney replace Wright? What about M'Baku as the new Black Panther? So many questions.

I read that the creatives behind the film have said they're "not doing a body double" or anything like that, so it sounds like they'll just have a new, non-T'Challa Black Panther.

15 hours ago, J.T. said:

I am really tired of the call out culture.  I totally disagree with her anti-vax stance, but I don't think it should cost her the role.

Yeah, this.  I'm really liberal/woke/SJW, or whatever you want to label it, but I think cancel culture needs some guidelines and needs to step back.  I don't know who gets to draw the line or what that line is but if the online hordes keep expressing the same level of outrage for dumb people saying dumb things that they do for rapists, then eventually it's all noise and people stop caring. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Molina is also 67. I guess his action sequences have to be just him standing somewhere and the arms doing all the work though.

Arguably that's how a Doc Ock action scene should go anyway, though.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Casey said:

Charles Villanueva of Murphy's Multiverse is saying that Charlie Cox is back as Daredevil in Spider-Man 3, and that a revival of the Daredevil show is a possible announcement at the Disney investor meeting in a few days.

Thank you. If true, this excited me more than the Spider-Man announcements. Charlie Cox is perfect as Matt Murdock/Daredevil. At the end of Spider-Man: Far From Home:

Spoiler

Mysterio through the Daily Bugle and J Jonah Jameson reveals Peter Parker is Spider-Man, I thought it would be Kraven the Hunter in the third film going after Spider-Man bringing him to justice. Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures fell out with Tom Holland bringing them back together. I didn't think Spider-Man: Home Alone would feature all three Spider-Man's: Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland while bringing back Alfred Molina, Kirsten Dunst and Emma Stone. Hopefully Jon Watts can balance the cast as well as the Russo Brothers do. After the latter, I'd say Jon Watts is the second best out of the directors who have done two MCU movies. That's Jon Faverau, Joss Whedon, the Russo Brothers, James Gunn, Peyton Reed and Jon Watts. I'd like Jon Faverau to do a third film but he's busy with Star Wars.

I'd rather have Daredevil Season 4 though.

43 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I read that the creatives behind the film have said they're "not doing a body double" or anything like that, so it sounds like they'll just have a new, non-T'Challa Black Panther.

Thank you.

Edited by The Natural

Charlie Cox is to Matt Murdock/Daredevil as Christopher Reeve is to Clark Kent/Superman, Chris Evans' Captain Steve Rogers/Captain America, Heath Ledger as the Joker, Vincent D'Onofrio Wilson Fisk/the Kingpin, Robert Downey Jr to Tony Stark/Iron Man and Brandon Lee's Eric Draven/the Crow. All are perfect in the roles.

Edited by The Natural

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Really hope this is true. I also hope he ends ups Peter's lawyer since you know all kinds of legal issues were likely to happen after the end of Far From Home.

• Like 2

Per Deadline - Rachel McAdams will return for Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

I also guess I am the last to know that they are billing said Dr. Strange sequel as the first "horror" movie in the MCU

• Like 1

Biggest news is T'Challa/Black Panther won't be recast as announced by Kevin Feige for Black Panther II. This is what I said last Saturday:

It's going to be so difficult what to do with Black Panther since the late, great Chadwick Boseman passed away. Do you leave the character with Chadwick Boseman, cast somebody else as T'Challa knowing how loved/regarded Boseman is as a man and his peformance or have someone different with the Black Panther mantle? I assumed that would be Shuri but with Letitta Wright's heel turn? Do Marvel/Disney replace Wright? What about M'Baku as the new Black Panther? So many questions.

Edited Saturday at 08:10 AM by The Natural

If I had to decide as I can see the different POVs, I agree with Marvel Studios. How do you follow Chadwick Boseman? Sucks we'll never see him in the part again. Fuck Cancer.

Edited by The Natural

We now know the villain Christian Bale will play in Thor: Love and Thunder, Gorr the God Butcher. It was either going to be him or Dario Agger. Gorr, the God Butcher is the better choice and to be portrayed by such a great actor in Christian Bale.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Gorr seems liekean odd choice with the way they did Asgardians in the MCU, but I'm looking forward to it. Bale is a great choice for the role.

We agree, mate. Can get around it by saying Gorr, the God Butcher been doing this for centuries and won't stop till he's done all the Gods and not just Asgardians...

Edited by The Natural

Marvel Studios Marvel Cinematic Universe and the huge amount of talented actors and actresses: Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr, Charlie Cox, Chadwick Boseman, Christian Bale, Michael Douglas, Michelle Pfeiffer, Josh Brolin, Tom Hiddleston, Scarlet Johansson, Hayley Atwell, Tom Holland etc.

Edited by The Natural

Here are the new dates for some of the upcoming MCU

Black Panther 2 - July 8, 2022 (was May 6, 2022)

Thor: Love and Thunder - May 6, 2022 (was Feb 11, 2022)

Captain Marvel 2 - Nov 11, 2022 (was July 8, 2022)

So clearly something that was supposed to come out in 2021 is gonna end up in the Feb 11, 2022 spot but I don't know what (and it was probably already announced I just don't see it at the moment)

Jamie Alexander is returning as Lady Sif for Thor: Love & Thunder.

Let the Sif/Valkyrie shipping commence!

EDIT: There's also rumors out there that Tobey McGuire has joined the cast of Dr. Strange & the Multiverse of Madness.

Edited by Casey