DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2020

It's going to be so difficult what to do with Black Panther since the late, great Chadwick Boseman passed away. Do you leave the character with Chadwick Boseman, cast somebody else as T'Challa knowing how loved/regarded Boseman is as a man and his peformance or have someone different with the Black Panther mantle? I assumed that would be Shuri but with Letitta Wright's heel turn? Do Marvel/Disney replace Wright? What about M'Baku as the new Black Panther? So many questions.

Edited by The Natural

I'm not particularly excited about whatever multiverse nonsense they're gonna do here but on the other hand MORE ALFRED MOLINA!

ETA: This is exactly what I did not want:

Edited by Zimbra

On 12/4/2020 at 7:53 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Letitia Wright turned heel yesterday.

I am really tired of the call out culture.  I totally disagree with her anti-vax stance, but I don't think it should cost her the role.

I think she needs to fucking home school her kids if she refuses to take them to get their shots, though.  It's a matter of public health, not preference.

Doubly so if that's also the way she feels about the COVID vaccine.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Sony is so strapped for ideas that they are doing the Tobey Maguire version of Into the SpiderVerse?

I believe Marvel handles the creative side of things for live action Spider-Man, and the next Dr. Strange movie IS about the multiverse, so...

• Like 2

Feel same way, @Zimbra. Glad Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus played by Alfred Molina is back but not as keen on a live action Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse. Lot of balls to juggle and screen time to balance there.  I like Emma Stone so I welcome her return, might that mean Spider-Gwen live action debut? I'm for that as a fan of the character though I noted potential problems with cast balancing. The Russo Brothers did an excellent job at that as the cast got bigger and bigger from Captain America: The Winter Soldier to Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. Hell, Captain America: Civil War is known as Avengers 2.5.

Welcome back, Alfred Molina's Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus. I want Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn/Green Goblin there as well in a better suit. The two Big Bads in Spider-Man's rogues gallery and in the same movie for the first time.

Edited by The Natural

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Well he didn’t seem to be phased when Quentin Beck said he was from another earth, so I dunno about that.

Yes, but that turned out to be bullshit. Which is why he'd scoff at the notion now, I would think.

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

I like Emma Stone so I welcome her return,

Didn't Emma Stone die in ASM2? Surely it should be the Bryce Dallas Howard version of Gwen Stacy coming back?

Molina is also 67. I guess his action sequences have to be just him standing somewhere and the arms doing all the work though. 

I don't now. I have misgivings here. That they're going so far in this direction almost makes me think Disney/Marvel would have been better off just letting Spider-Man walk and porting Chewbacca over from Star Wars or something. On paper this all seems pretty gimmicky. Like a 90s comic gimmick cover. Or 2009 TNA. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I’m sure the Mouse will eventually something like Kingdom Heats, where a character meets people from all the disparate properties (Disney, marvel, Star Wars, muppets,...).

I feel like searching for Kingdom Heats instead of Kingdom Hearts could lead to some terrible Rule 34 terribleness

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Am I the only one who wants Kathryn Hahn as a live action Doc Ock for Spider-Man 3?

No you are not, but I want more Kathryn Hahn in nearly everything. I think Hahn nicely rounds out my top 3 favorite actors I'd watch in anything with Pitt and Olyphant.