DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

Please stop.

Stop assuming everyone has read the comics. There's nothing wrong with enjoying a show (and speculating about where it's going) from a spoiler-free POV... do we need a Game of Thrones thread split here?

• Like 1

Kind of a meh episode until the big shootout.  Now Abraham's future is completely up in the air since Denise died in the show the way Abraham died in the comics (arrow through the head mid-conversation).

I really did enjoy "you sure can bite a dick, Eugene" or however he said it.

RIP Dr. Denise, the most interesting Alexandrian. Who's left? Aaron? Tobin? Dr. Dre?

And I hate this manufactured emotional crisis for Carol. Totally unearned. We like Carol, and her pragmatic mindset is the correct one for the post-apocalypse, not Morgan's. Give us bad ass Carol!

Yeah, she was all about protecting Maggie and her baby, and she does that by leaving?  Yeah, no.

I completely forgot how to do a spoiler tag, so DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER if you don't want to be spoiled.

Ok, from The Talking Dead, they announced that Norman Reedus is going to be the guest on the final show of the season along with the two executive producers.  They NEVER announce stuff like this ahead of time, but I think they let it slip because of some contest going on that night.  Now, here's where I'm going with this.  I have read the comics and know what happens when Negan debuts.  My wife and stepdaughter have not read it, but I have told them what happens with Lucille and Glen.  The past three weeks, they keep asking me what I think is going to happen.  Here's my theory.  The couple of teases with Glen almost dying this season were just that:  teases.  I am pretty sure that Daryl is going to be the one that meets Lucille.  There was an article a couple of weeks ago that said that when the cast read the script for the final episode, every one of them was physically sick after reading it.  I'm almost certain it's going to be Daryl going down, and with him being the guest on the final Talking Dead, it almost seals it.  But, then again, they do like messing with the comic readers, ala Denise getting Abraham's arrow.

I feel very certain that it's going to be Daryl and I'm thankful for Wrestlemania being on the same night.  While I'm going to have to catch up later on/the next day, at least I'll be far away from a friend of mine who would make Suplex City look like Disneyworld.  And I sense many people will have super strong reactions.  Shit, Talking Dead is going to be pretty much counseling.  And with where they're going with it last night it seems pretty inevitable.

Denise really grew on me from a totally inconsequential character to one that really mattered.  I was telling my wife how it's cool she stepped it up and had that personal victory right when the shit went down.  It went from not much of an episode to total craziness and it was pretty awesome from there.  I get why Carol left, but I'm hoping they find her in time so she can go batshit on Negan's group.

Can't really say I'm sorry to see Denise go, at least not in the moment as she acted like a complete moron. Still from there on it was pretty great.

I get the story with Carol, but I wish they weren't going this route.

I think Daryl getting offed and Reedus going back to full time movie making wouldn't make the whole cast sick.

Maggie, however...especially if Negan turns all Snake Plissken vs. Ox Baker and hits a belly shot first.

And whether I'm right or wrong, Hardwick's still gonna cry.

I think Daryl getting offed and Reedus going back to full time movie making wouldn't make the whole cast sick.

Maggie, however...especially if Negan turns all Snake Plissken vs. Ox Baker and hits a belly shot first.

I had considered that, too.

Oh shit, yeah...that makes a lot more sense when you put it like that

Daryl on Talking Dead is feeling like a red herring 

• Like 1

Woke up in the middle of the night and said this out loud:  "Carol!"  They've built her up so much as the queen of the apocalypse, with her bolting Alexandria, she could have easily been caught as Negan's people were watching the place.  It would serve her right, and be a wake-up call to Morgan to knock this shit off and man up.  The only thing is that they already did this with The Governor and Herschel/Michonne, so I'm hesitant to be certain.

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

Prediction: Negan kills .... Nobody.  Season Finale ends with Negan holding up Lucille with three or so fan favorites below him, and we cut to black. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they filmed three different endings to prevent spoilers, like that season of Lost where

Spoiler

Locke was in the coffin.

Brookside did that with the big trial angle. Filmed them being found both innocent and guilty, so the cast wouldn't know which one would be broadcast. Then brought the same cast members back the next week to film prison scenes, because soaps don't stop.

On March 28, 2016 at 11:55 PM, Lawful Metal said:

Prediction: Negan kills .... Nobody.  Season Finale ends with Negan holding up Lucille with three or so fan favorites below him, and we cut to black. 

Well...

On 3/29/2016 at 11:45 PM, Cliff Hanger said:

For someone who quit watching after the Gov died, is there any point to catching up?

Also, as a comics reader, I have been looking up BB King covers to post Sunday if the need arises, and I feel dirty about that.

Eh, it was good until the first half of this season and the first episode of the second half.  You might as well skip them since they were some of the worst garbage put on television in recent memory.

This whole season has been focused on Rick's bad decisions and his attempts to get everyone in Alexandria killed.  Despite his best efforts to kill off the town they survive; then everyone rallies around him like a cult figure.  It has been a bizarre season and not in a good way.

A weak season with a shitty finale. I might finally give up on this show, which would be appropriate as this is the exact point I gave up on the comic. At least I didn't have to wait till issue 101 to see who the fucking bat hit.