DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

51 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

"Tales from The Walking Dead" would have been amazing.  That's  a great idea.

Not having to worry about keeping a main cast together would add a great element of suspense to every episode. Maybe they all die, maybe some survive, maybe you do an episode focused on just one person holed up somewhere. You could probably get some decent actors too (not necessarily names, but quality anyway), since you wouldn't be locking people into more than a one or two week shooting commitment.

• Like 3

On 4/15/2016 at 1:54 PM, zev said:

A third season of FTWD only works if every character in the current ensemble gets killed off and they start over fresh.

I have never seen a TV show with more hateable characters.  Not one character makes me say to myself 'let me get invested and hope that they to live'.  

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know if anyone cares anymore, but this returns tonight and we've been promised by multiple people that we'll find out who got their head smashed in by Negan. My top 3 picks, in order, are Michonne, Daryl and Glenn. If it's Maggie, I'm going to lose my shit and probably toss my computer through the window (not really). If it's anyone else but those four, it won't have the same impact.

Unless they do the unthinkable and actually kill Carl, but I don't think they would do that.

http://nerdist.com/john-cleese-recapping-the-walking-dead-is-simply-delightful/

I'm still thinking Maggie gets whacked because that would be "oh so super evil" and the writers and producers have to make sure you know who the villains are.

If it's Carl that dies, I hope he keeps his Twitter bio as "That Kid From That Zombie Show" intact.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 4:05 PM, zev said:

I wonder if Season 7 will begin with Negan actually killing two people, just for sake of shocking the audience.

Spoiler

I should've said "I bet" rather than "I wonder" on that one.

Did the show take a hit in budget? The smushed face, popped eyeball makeup and especially the zombie effects when Rick was surrounded looked terrible. Like Troma quality without any of the fun. Generally, I can always at least enjoy the effects during an episode, but these were distractedly cheap.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is fantastic, can't we just turn him into some sort of anti-hero and make this the Negan show?

1 hour ago, elizium said:

Did the show take a hit in budget? The smushed face, popped eyeball makeup and especially the zombie effects when Rick was surrounded looked terrible. Like Troma quality without any of the fun. Generally, I can always at least enjoy the effects during an episode, but these were distractedly cheap.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is fantastic, can't we just turn him into some sort of anti-hero and make this the Negan show?

That's kinda sorta what happens in the comics.

I wasn't bothered honestly by who got killed.  I liked Abraham a lot but he was pretty defiant even in his last words.  There's worse ways to go out on the show.  Glenn was many people's pick, especially the audio clues soon after the season finale.  I wasn't bothered by him dying, yet felt awful for Maggie.  She lost  everybody in her family except for the unborn kid and she's bound to go further off the deep end.  I'm kind of curious how much Rick will put up with being Negan's bitch, but after everything going so well last season at one point this was bound to happen to him.

@Lawful Metal and @NickMDI'm not sure why people don't like Rick being broken and made humble.  That's the whole point of his story arc from last season and even before that.  He got way too cocky.  You can see his hubris growing and this is what you get.  There's a through-line here that goes all the way back to Terminus ("they're messing with the wrong people").  Rick's gang used to only kill other humans if they came looking for a fight.  Contrast that with last season where Rick tells the leader of Hilltop "sure, we'll go kill Negan and his people for you, no problem."  They literally went out to one of Negan's HQs and proactively slaughtered a bunch of people just on Gregory's word.   Rick didn't evaluate the situation or even assess Negan's forces and ability; he just assumed The Ricktatorship could defeat all enemies.  Rick being thoroughly broken here is the payoff to two seasons of growing arrogance.  

• Like 10

I'm cool with that as Rick definitely deserves it.  I'm just curious to see how long it goes before he thinks to try and take him out.  I say he thinks about this in the mid-season finale.  That or he'll have some kind of plan that they'll put into motion after the break.