DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K17

On 10/26/2016 at 1:23 PM, Firebreaker Chip said:

Ugh, I also just had my game wiped because I downloaded a Bobby Roode with too many textures - back up your saves people

Looks like they fixed that in the new patch. Lots of updates in the patch, good to see at least at the moment they are actively trying to fix some of the bigger issues.

Setting the entrance music as the menu music on the jukebox (in the brief window before turning it all off) has given me a chance to properly appreciate how hilariously awful Zack Ryder's newer entrance theme is

Love that it's supposed to be all smug fake tanned guy admiring himself in the mirror in a narcissistic reverie but Downstait guy is all screaming "I LIKE THE THINGS I SEEEE" like a furious teenager, because he only has one setting

Maybe they could redo Tyler Breeze's theme next, detuned guitars interlocking as dude bellows "PART MAN / ALL MODEL" in a way that subsequently necessitates throat surgery

• Like 2

Game's settled down a bit with the patch, although there's still lots of stuff that's outstanding or has been newly broken by the patch

Cautiously optimistic that the tweaks to universe mode do make it a lot funner to play through without constant micromanagement to correct stupid stuff.

Struggling with the submission system a bit still; I got a tapout win with Chad Gable with a regular bow and arrow on Simon Gotch after a 20+ minute barn-burner elimination tag match, but when I tried switching to the purportedly improved button mash system I couldn't tap anybody no matter what. Had a couple of frustrating PPV matches where I couldn't tap near-death inferior opponents with Becky or Sasha with either system. With the default system, tapping L2 to boost and catch up helps, but if the AI icon changes direction it just feels like it becomes unresponsive and refuses to go in the direction you push no matter what. They could really do with having EA-style tutorials that let you practise this stuff repeatedly in canned scenarios. (Also just let me switch it off for pins and submissions and let the computer handle it all, the results are more realistic in the AI sims anyway cos they don't twitchily kick out at 1 all the time like I do)

The matches are frequently pretty amazing, and the way the major reversals are now easier but become trickier as the match goes on seems pretty well-pitched to me. I had a mostly simmed Seth vs Roman rivalry where Seth won every match, so I played the PPV blowoff so that Roman could decisively crush him and keep his title, but after a massive match (including having to restart it because Seth tapped me with an ab stretch at about 4.5 snowflakes), I beat Seth senseless with a chair only to have him counter by slamming Roman onto it then busting him open with a superkick to win the title - when I checked his stats screen he'd won so many matches in a row he'd accumulated a ton of insane stat boosts and I now have a 103 OVR God-King spot monkey for a US champion

Another thing is that there are a lot of properly incredible CAWs that look as good as in game models already; the TJ Perkins, Zack Sabre and TM61 edits I have from PS4 community creations are so fuckin good

Nakamura and the other two are only available immediately with the NXT special edition. They'll be an extra DLC pack that you'll have to purchase in a few months I believe (it's usually 90 days) if you want him. Fucking lame.

SO PISSED!!

The game literally stole the U.S. title from me. I went 330+ days holding the strap, won every match, got my guy to an overall 100...thisclose to completing that Heyman challenge.

Hell In A Cell PPV comes up, I have to defend in an Armageddon 6 Man match in the cell. Things are going well, dominating the ring, hitting finishers...everyone in red. I get punched ONCE and have to do that roll out to the floor. New champ crowned.

Ugh. What is even more weird is that Kevin Owens got the pinfall on Kofi...but they gave the title to John Cena.

Seriously. The worst.

I am really enjoying having Lana as a manager for my MyCareer character, Michael Simon.  Twice she's saved my ass from certain pinfalls by yanking the ref out of the ring, and frequently tosses me chairs and distracts the ref so I can whack the dude I'm facing.  Good girl.

(Incidentally, Michael Simon would've been my original wrestling name, but I ended up as a referee under my real name so long that a name change wouldn't have made sense.)

So has anyone tried using the photo capture system? I'm curious how well people have managed to use it with created wrestlers because I'm having trouble with it myself. I'm wondering if should be doing some edits before actually uploading the photos.

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

So has anyone tried using the photo capture system? I'm curious how well people have managed to use it with created wrestlers because I'm having trouble with it myself. I'm wondering if should be doing some edits before actually uploading the photos.

It sucks this year.  The picture stays over the face.  Last year you just used the picture as a guide....unless I'm missing something.  

What's the chances we'll get a music option for next year? Remember the one from a few years back-it added tons to your wrassler and was even more fun to mess around with.
Hell, in gthis year's MLB THE SHOW, you can upload a song file to be played when youre walking up to the plate, tee'ing off on a homer, etc.

How hard can it be?!!!!

I'm assuming you can take downloaded CAWs and put them through the MyCareer thing, right? Probably the dumbest question ever, but I'm getting my Xbox One and copy of this game next week, and I just want to make sure I can do this properly with James Ellsworth. :P 

Yes, you can do this thing of which you speak.

5 hours ago, Casey said:

I'm assuming you can take downloaded CAWs and put them through the MyCareer thing, right? Probably the dumbest question ever, but I'm getting my Xbox One and copy of this game next week, and I just want to make sure I can do this properly with James Ellsworth. :P