DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-11-16

MGFanJay

Not an amazing show as a whole, but it did feature a best of 2016 moment (in theory) with Kalisto's win. They gave him momentum that could've just been the usual on-paper momentum and made it feel tangible before the match. He got promo time to put over the title, and Lilian gave him a Spanish intro to get him more over. He was a plucky babyface in peril and had the PERFECT finish with the rana facebuster. That should've ended it, but ADR kicked out and got beat by a cradle instead. That protects ADR a bit, but didn't help Kalisto as much as it should've. Still, it took a 10 down to a 9.5. Owens vs. Roman was excellent too, and they built up Roman vs. Brock by...firmly making Brock the top babyface in the company while also trying to do that for Roman. I don't see that working out for Roman.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/01/raw-1-11-16.html

Screens - 

45 Year Old Chris Jericho Wore This on Global TV

4d6e51458543605.jpg 

If you thought I was bad at singing, just wait til you hear me on trombone!

01c8c2458553032.jpg

f395b4458553078.jpg 

e86f43458553164.jpg

5f9bbe458559631.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/i4lpyj327jci4b6cxlcvzim04gi89zdr

For approximately four seconds of this show Brock Lesnar and Kevin Owens were fighting and I screamed "THIS IS THAT THING I WANTED!!!!!!" and I was alive and the world smelled of blood and sex and volcanoes and then it stopped and I slumped back down and tried to find that last fully-formed hint-of-lime Tostito in the bag because that's all I had left.

• Like 15

Lol KO looked exactly as fat and short next to Brock as I expected. That match would be as believable as Brock vs Neville. It's a shame that ADR is so fucking boring, because Kalisto deserved a hot match on what should be a huge win for his career. But since it was an ADR match, it was boring as shit and the crowd could not possibly care any less.

Lol KO looked exactly as fat and short next to Brock as I expected. That match would be as believable as Brock vs Neville. It's a shame that ADR is so fucking boring, because Kalisto deserved a hot match on what should be a huge win for his career. But since it was an ADR match, it was boring as shit and the crowd could not possibly care any less.

When that chubby little velociraptor starts jumps onto the back of that Indominous Rex it will be so great.

• Like 2

Are you even capable of making a post that doesn't involve being a miserable fuck?

Miserable fuck? I enjoyed most of Raw. I really never enjoy ADR, because he's as boring as can be. The idea of this KO vs Brock match has always been ridiculous, and having them actually together in the ring proved it. I enjoy KO's work, but he is not a dude that can be taken seriously against Brock. I'd really rather see a KO/Roman feud over the title, as I think they have good chemistry and are different enough to have a unique looking feud. 

Are you even capable of making a post that doesn't involve being a miserable fuck?

Miserable fuck? I enjoyed most of Raw. I really never enjoy ADR, because he's as boring as can be. The idea of this KO vs Brock match has always been ridiculous, and having them actually together in the ring proved it. I enjoy KO's work, but he is not a dude that can be taken seriously against Brock. I'd really rather see a KO/Roman feud over the title, as I think they have good chemistry and are different enough to have a unique looking feud. 

The new stretch marks in my pants from those four seconds beg to differ.

• Like 1

This was the first main roster promo I've seen from Becky Lynch where she really showed some fire and came off like a big deal.  Amazing what someone can do when they're not handed a bunch of asinine scripts or ambiguous character direction.

ADR/Kalisto was great and Kalisto came off like something special both in his promo and in the ring.  It kinda makes me feel bad for Current Sin Cara Dude as he's been doing a solid job with the team and is going to be pretty much toast whenever he comes back.

The JOB Squad 2k16 amuse me a lot more than they probably should.

• Like 1

You enjoyed Raw so much that you felt the need to post about KO looking fat and how much ADR sucks.

Jericho's mid-life crisis will be televised.

He's been having a mid-life crisis for several years now.

It's been going on for almost a decade now. Which would mean he started his mid-life crisis started around 37, which seems pretty accurate for a pro wrestler.  

I popped for Kalisto's win. It's a combination of really liking Kalisto and really fucking hating Alberto. I hope he gets a decent run with the US title and isn't dropping it right back on Smackdown. Unfortunately, Bradshaw's shitty did commentary did Kalisto no favors, calling him a green goblin. JBL is so awful, he'd be perfect for TNA.

Screw Brock vs. Roman. I want Brock vs. Owens.

Really liked the Kalisto-Del Rio match, great to see the title change hands as well.

Social Outcasts didn't die!  (They had a fun moment on last week's Main Event as they all did Bo's victory lap with him during a tag match with the Usos.)

Best moment of the Usos-New Day match was Xavier's melodrama over the unprovoked attack on his defenseless trombone.

I'm perfectly fine with Becky getting this push.  I mean, some of her biggest supporters are douchefucks, but oh well.

Fun brawl with Ambrose and Sheamus.

Was bemoaning the fact that the main would be just another lopsided handicap match but then it was just Reigns-Owens and that was pretty good while it lasted.  Then Brock done kilt some people.

You enjoyed Raw so much that you felt the need to post about KO looking fat and how much ADR sucks.

Are people not allowed to point out how KO looks or how boring ADR is? I guess I should have pointed out "I mostly enjoyed Raw" before talking about the massive difference between Brock and KO.

Ah, yes, KO vs Lesnar is an unbelievable match-up based off the seconds of interaction they had in the ring tonight. Right.

I have no opinion on the rest of the show. Although, I'll say this: I like Chris Jericho, but he needs to stay away from the New Day.