DVDVR Message Board

RAW - 11/30/15

Dolfan in NYC

Reigns was in the mid-card for seven months.  They could have up built anyone else during that time.  And should have, so Reigns would have someone new and/or strong to work with. If he is actually their guy.

They had Rollins-Ambrose in a great feud and they didn't pull the trigger on Ambrose for whatever reason. They allowed that feud to fizzle with two guys they seemingly like.  Reigns was just being Ambrose's sidekick during this feud.

They could fire Reigns today, and it doesn't mean anyone else is going to get pushed better.  Because Cena will be back soon and need the time/space, and then someone will complain about that.

Last night was the New Day Show, guys that many enjoy--and I'm reading complaints across the internet.  Still.  Some of the arguments are valid, but the point is they did at least *attempt* to give the audience someone they have been responding to--yet many still are unhappy.

People aren't getting over because Vince as taken a NFL approach to the process, when he should follow the NBA model.  If he did, he'd have 3-5 young superstars by now.  But I don't even know if Vince wants legit superstars anymore.

It's not surprising that New Day was 1000X better on commentary than the actual commentators.  What a group of maroons.

Case in point:  Reigns is being worked over in the main even, and JBL does what a heel commentator should--puts down the face.  Says that Reigns is a hothead, over-emotional, that he got himself in a bad spot and this is what he deserves.  Cue Cole and/or Saxton to reinforce Reigns as a true-blue babyface.

And fucking silence.

It forces JBL to walk back some of his original comment to put over Reigns as a strong competitor who doesn't back down from a fight--but he wouldn't have to do that if the others just do their damn job!

People aren't getting over because Vince as taken a NFL approach to the process, when he should follow the NBA model.  If he did, he'd have 3-5 young superstars by now.  But I don't even know if Vince wants legit superstars anymore.

Of course he wants superstars. He just wants *his* superstars. Batista, Cena, Orton, Sheamus....now Reigns. Those are the type of guys Vince thinks of when he thinks "money."

I'm not sure why the IWC has trouble coming to grips with this. Owens doesn't have the physique, same with Bray, Neville is a midget, etc. He gave into the fans and pushed Bryan and I'm sure in his mind was proven right because that ended poorly. He's not giving in again. Roman is a hoss and nothing is more exciting - in his mind - than a hoss fight between a guy like him & Sheamus (then either HHH or Cena at Mania). That's his course and he's not deviating from it.

The NXT guys or any thinking outside the box type like Ambrose or Cesaro aren't getting up top until Vince steps aside or they get to that Bryan/Punk level of over that they have to push them (which, I'm sorry, Ambrose isn't remotely close to)

Too bad Cesaro tore his rotator cuff or else he could've been in this League of Nations angle as a "neutral" nation or some other bullshit.

They could've done the DDP/NWO angle with him. But that might've gotten over, so they wouldn't have.

For people blaming Vince, he does not have control of the book anymore.  It should be very clear to anyone watching over the last 20+ years that Vince has stepped back from the product.  He has been in this situation numerous times over the years and each time acted the same way.  Creating a face and pushing them to the moon.

This is different, the heel, his daughter, and son-in-law are receiving the major pushes.

The company was never built around Reigns getting over.  It was around getting Rollins over along with HHH and Steph.

For people blaming Vince, he does not have control of the book anymore.  It should be very clear to anyone watching over the last 20+ years that Vince has stepped back from the product.  He has been in this situation numerous times over the years and each time acted the same way.  Creating a face and pushing them to the moon.

This is different, the heel, his daughter, and son-in-law are receiving the major pushes.

The company was never built around Reigns getting over.  It was around getting Rollins over along with HHH and Steph.

TheShiningNotSureIfSerious_zps4767e5fb.j

• Like 5

For the talk about some of us in the IWC being blind, few seem to ever say much about the Rollins impact.  He could have been a quick transitional champion (supposedly Vince wanted to get the belt on Orton in quick order--I know, I KNOW).  That Rollins got to keep it for that long was probably due to HHH promoting him, couple with Vince liking him anyway.  Thing is, they whiffed because Rollins became a mini-HHH with the 20-minute monologues spoken with a much more irritating voice.  And then Rollins proved to be something of a mini-Orton and revealed himself as a clusterfuck of a person. 

It's one thing to push a guy if he doesn't have the belt and something goes wrong.  Pull the plug and move on.  At least the title isn't undercut by it. But Rollins had the belt for 221 days and most of his time with it was terrible.  It wasn't all his fault, but he didn't help his cause IMO. 

Well, if he's writing it, the word would be 'literary'. Only saying "Foley's literary masturbation", it would be too easy to pretend it said "Foley's literal masturbation". Too easy. So we'll go with 'metaphorical'.

HAW! ... "metaphorical"

They could fire Reigns today, and it doesn't mean anyone else is going to get pushed better.  Because Cena will be back soon and need the time/space, and then someone will complain about that.

Only out of habit, since Cena's been the best part of WWE this year, with the exception of The New Day.

Has their been 5 acts in WWE that have had a good year in 2015 not including their NXT work? I got New Day, Reigns, Brock, and maybe Cesaro. I guess Cena if you like 2.9 indy fests, but I grew sick of those by the second Owens match. I didn't really care for anything Rollins did this year in or out of the ring. Owens has been good, but not as good in ring or nearly as good of a character as he was in NXT.

Ambrose has regressed in the ring, has lost all his big matches, and has gotten little to no promo time or character development. The divas division is such a mess they can't even make me care about Sasha(my favorite act in the company during her NXT run).

Sheamus and New Day dancing was easily the best part of this show.

The women's stuff was at least moving in a good direction. They haven't messed with Sasha yet (well other than saddling her with Naomi and Tamina but what's done is done), and Becky finally got to do something. The whole Dunn/McMahon "all women are bitches" booking reared its ugly head, but a 4-way ladder match with Charlotte, Paige, Becky, and Sasha would be something I legitimately want to see.

This is what WWE looks like with no star power and no talent. Seriously who was the best worker on this show?

• Like 1

They have tons of talent that's what makes this so frustrating. When NXT can take Baron Corbin and Eva Marie and use them better than the main roster uses Owens or the Wyatts you know the problem isn't with the talent. FFS they've almost made Mojo look like an actual pro wrestler by having Ryder drag him kicking and screaming to some fun tag matches. 

A couple of diva thoughts:

- re: Becky vs Charlotte, would it have killed anyone to have just used the term "exhibition match?" From the promos to set it up, to commentary, it was like watching a group of people who simultaneously have that "oh, what's the word?" phenomenon.

- During B.A.D.'s box promo, was Naomi's unrequited "U-NI-TY!" shout-out planned or a genuine mistake? It was funny, either way.

- I liked Sasha's "Brie Mode" mocking, but I would have preferred her ad-libbing "Boss Mode!"

- Cena's off for X period of time, while Nikki is "on the DL"? Riiiiight ....

Any word on where Kevin Owens was yesterday? I kept expecting him to take out Ambrose but then nothing.

I'm all for them keeping guys off of shows more often.  It would benefit everyone and keep them from all getting so stale.