DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Wacky Kane 9-28-15

MGFanJay

I haven't decided what I want more

A Hustle! Loyalty! Booty! T-shirt

or

Cena's Trombone theme available on iTunes

Both. October is two days away which means Christmas is right around the corner...if you believe my local shopping mall.

I liked the actual in-ring stuff from the Divas but that segment with Miz was just all over the place. The problem is that many of these women don't have defined characters or motivations. I mean, Paige runs down her old team and then promptly teams with them, only to turn on them? It's like whiplash booking. And Team BAD definitely should have had some sort of presence. I will say that I am glad that Nattie is finally getting a piece of this.

You know with the contacts kane wears they really could do the bill Bixby transformation.

I am very pro Kane's giddy side sticking around high fiving production guys. I would love if new day tries to dunk on him and he gives them a "oh you guys! You got me!"

And every week ends with him hitchhiking to the next show as the piano theme of lonely man plays.

• Like 3

I admittedly skimmed this unusually short thread, but has no one commented on how nasty Wyatt's lariat was on Roman a couple minutes before the double countout.

Also, Roman using the Jackhammer as a weak transition move is odd. I thought the commentary would no-sell it until JBL actually brought it up.

So with Brock/Taker and possibly Kane/Rollins taking place at HITC any chance somehow we end up setting up Taker/Kane III at Mania 32?

I love Kane.  I still like the Undertaker.  But holy fuck, I have absolutely no need to see that match again in 2016.  They squeezed whatever life remained out of it in their feud over the World title where Kane dominated Undertaker for the first time.  No reason to triple-dip at Mania.

That being said, I'm all about the red and black bandwagon and I hope Wacky Kane takes the belt off Rollins.

• Like 1

I didn't watch Raw yet. But Roman and Bray seemingly have a pact where "anytime we're in conflict, let's clock the absolute crap out of each other." Their first run-in came in the awesome pull-apart when The Shield and Wyatts inadvertantly ran into each other when both were beefing with Punk and Bryan in London. They just tagged the hell out of each other on the floor.

I love this is a Hatfields vs. McCoys feud that will seemingly last for eons. We need those. Those dudes all have great chemistry together.

• Like 1

My RAW review:

Xavier playing Cena's theme on the t-bone to answer the challenge was amazing.  I feel asleep when they made the match a 6 man.  Woke up during the Divas segment.  What I saw was so awful....fell asleep again.  Woke up to see Kane give Rollins a severed head, dosed again, woke up to see Kane emerge from the ambulance in true horror film style.  Back to sleep.  Saw Roman and Bray in the ring....switched to football.  

I liked the actual in-ring stuff from the Divas but that segment with Miz was just all over the place. The problem is that many of these women don't have defined characters or motivations. I mean, Paige runs down her old team and then promptly teams with them, only to turn on them? It's like whiplash booking. 

Yet, she only turned on them after Charlotte was thrown into her knocking her off the ring! It was so stupid!

My RAW review:

Saw Roman and Bray in the ring....switched to football.  

Yeah, I mean why would you want to watch a really good brawl with lots of nastiness?!

I liked the actual in-ring stuff from the Divas but that segment with Miz was just all over the place. The problem is that many of these women don't have defined characters or motivations. I mean, Paige runs down her old team and then promptly teams with them, only to turn on them? It's like whiplash booking. And Team BAD definitely should have had some sort of presence. I will say that I am glad that Nattie is finally getting a piece of this.

Bitches be crazy, am I right guys?

No, seriously- that's how they're being written.

As much as I miss having Team B.A.D. on Raw, they're better off not having to deal with this clusterjam.  By sheer absence, they're winning.  Last night made little sense and other than Becky throwing Miz's microphone and threatening to kick his ass, it fell apart quickly.

The Roman-Bray feud was the only program that made progress last night.  The promos from both sides were good, with Ambrose and Orton not quite trusting each other, and Bray getting semi-biblical with the Alpha and Omega reference.  The match was nasty from the beginning and the double count-out makes sense.  Why would either man care about a victory at that point?  It's a blood feud.  And while each side talks about ending it once and for all, they know it won't ever completely be over.

Not to mention it was the only time the crowd got really invested.  It was a strange night on all sides.

As much as I miss having Team B.A.D. on Raw, they're better off not having to deal with this clusterjam.  By sheer absence, they're winning.  Last night made little sense and other than Becky throwing Miz's microphone and threatening to kick his ass, it fell apart quickly.

I wonder if Becky is going to get heat for chucking that mic down the ramp. Apparently those things are really expensive and Vince gets pissed if you break one. Jericho said that his mic went dead once and he chucked it into the crowd to get a pop. When he came back through the curtain, Vince asked him why the hell he did it. Jericho goes, "well it was broken anyway and Austin did it once." Vince looked at him sternly and said, "Steve Austin can throw a mic into the crowd. Chris Jericho and everyone else lays it down gently on the mat and waits for a new one." I remember someone else having a similar story in a shoot interview or autobiography but can't think of who it is now. I think it was Hardcore Holly.

I also liked that Rollins was very careful not to choke Kane with his tie after he "broke his ankle again" with a steel chair.  He grabbed it briefly like he wanted to lift him up with it and yell in his face, then quickly realized his error and grabbed for his collar or something. 

D-Bry did that...so you wouldn't have to go through that!

I also liked that Rollins was very careful not to choke Kane with his tie after he "broke his ankle again" with a steel chair.  He grabbed it briefly like he wanted to lift him up with it and yell in his face, then quickly realized his error and grabbed for his collar or something. 

D-Bry did that...so you wouldn't have to go through that!

Speaking of chokes, I was a bit surprised to see Strowman putting Darren Young in a straight chokehold (not the arm triangle finisher) when he pulled Young out of the ring.

And I'll sum up exactly what went wrong with the women's segment with my live reaction to Charlotte's promo:

Charlotte: This revolution isn't about you or you or you, it's about...

Figment of my imagination Charlotte, as I finish the promo in my head: The Divas Championship *shoves belt in Nikki's face*

Actual Charlotte: The Fans, something something something.

Me: <_<

You see that Sasha/Bayley main event promo from NXT, the writing quality contrast is a bit jarring.

I watched RAW on the DVR last night after I got home from the Islanders/Caps preseason game. Man, the Barclays Center was not built for hockey. Also I am really glad I didn't end up getting tickets to NXT Takeover Brooklyn because the only seats left that the ticket scalping bots didn't get were the ones I had last night. Yeah lets build stairs to the nosebleeds on a 30 degree plus angle.

The opening of RAW was so much fun. I could have lived with it being the main event. Xavier took such a beating and was still able to get some good moves in. That leaping DDT was actually a pretty swank move. John Cena comes off as such a bitter asshole at times when he's in a match against someone who's act is on the rise. He'll have a competive match, but at the same time he'll do his best to undermine you at every moment.

I really hope The Dudley's dont win the tag titles back at MSG. I mean sure it would be cool to see them have a nice bookend on their tag career but at the same time New Day is getting too good for them to lose.

Split personality Kane is just so great. It shouldn't work but it does and it's so funny. It's Joe Park except they aren't doing the whole "well, it's really his twin". Had they done that it might have been funnier. But between the Seven bit and the Ambulance, I was laughing my ass off. Kane stomping his leg was just perfect. It's just a shame the WWE doesn't believe in managers. Seth would be perfect with one so his whiney voice would be minimumly used.

I will give the WWE some credit. They are at least attempting to make people give a shit about The Big Show. But Paul Heyman can only do so much. I'd rather see Cesaro vs. Brock or Ambrose vs. Brock. Lets get some interesting matches while we can with  Brock.

Bray/Roman was an awesome brawl. Again something that could use some blood. I loved Bray channeling his inner Mark Henry and chucking a guy at Roman. From an above post though, there's no way Dean is taller than Roman...even with lifts.