DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

Bray Wyatt lost his luster as soon as he started losing. The Wyatts were basically beating everyone left and right up to the Cena feud. I know people will argue that you should be able to lose and come back from it, but the Wyatt Fam was still cultivating that 'Taker-like aura of invincibility when they suddenly started jobbing to Cena/Jericho/the Usos and were just killed dead. 

There was a time in late 2013-early 2014 where the crowd obviously accepted them as special and it all just went away. It was mostly the losing, but I don't know that all the convoluted stuff with the kids being converted to Wyatt-ism or whatever was executed properly either; it could have worked, but it hurt Wyatt more than it helped him. 

• Like 1

Now Ronnie Garvin was the real head-scratcher as a kid if you got into wrestling in the summer of 1990 and you were renting every WWF Pay-Per-View you could find only to see this dude get chumped out constantly but read in the Apter mags that this guy had actually beat Flair for the title not too long ago. Then you later learn how Vince viewed most of these guys as nothing more than interchangeable regional scrub fuckers if their star hadn't risen under his banner.

I remember that my friends and I didn't start watching Jim Crockett Promotions until mid-1988, and didn't watch Starrcade 87 until 1990, so when Garvin came out with the Big Gold Belt, we were all like "what the fuck?"

Would a Tanahashi/Cena match make the world implode?

The whole thing would backfire when Tanahashi hits the Sling Blade and Cena sells it like death, but on TV JBL would start trolling and be all "It's a friggin Zig Zag, how devastating a move can it be?  Why is Cena laying there, all he got hit with is the Zig Zag, it's not like he ate a Burning Hammer or something?"

Brother buys pizza for an entire wrestling crowd.  Fans in said crowd bitch about it.  I fucking hate modern wrestling fans.

context?

There is probably a ton more info in the BOLA thread, but Max Landis bought pizza for everyone in the crowd.  So of course there were people bitching about it.  To be fair, most of the complaining I saw was on Twitter from folks who weren't there, but still.

Max Landis has been nothing but really fucking cool to me all two times we talked

Let me be more specific. I have no problem with him personally. Just don't agree with certain opinions he has on wrestling. He comes of as a fan who likes to complain but who's knowledge of the business is actually very low.

Also, add another one to the LOLTNA file. Bram has been arrested on spousal abuse and false imprisonment.

Why are we LOLing again?

I'll couple this. I'm struggling to laugh at the company itself because a talent did something horrific at home. And given the swift disciplinary action they've taken, I'm almost proud of the company right now.

Because this is a company that it's whole problem isn't that they suspended him. The problem is that they hired him and many other people that they knew have done shitty things or shitty people in general and didn't care.

TNA doesn't deserve your praise. Remember. They hired him...and Jeff Hardy...and Ken Amderson...and Matt Hardy...and...