DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Might be that there was pretty much nothing I liked about the game. I finished it, but that was more out of stubbornness than anything else.

I figured out very quickly that any time the phone rang it would be something annoying, so I just hung up on anybody that was calling before they could start talking.

Didn't they have a relationship status thing that would deteriorate if you didn't hang out with people enough? I might be remembering wrong, but I seem to recall worrying about that before getting too tired of it to care.

And I agree Technico, it would be hard to go back to the old ways. The ending of 3 almost gave me a stroke.

"Oh, you made it out of the gate? Then one of the eight billion guards will kill you."

"Oh, you killed all the guards? Well that chopper is taking off and you have about three rockets to shoot at it. Good luck asshole!!"

LOL.  Vice City was the first GTA game I ever played (I played GTA3 after that) and I recall the worst was that you still had to go and save manually at your safehouse after a mission.  Which sucked if you had very little health left.  Step off a curb with, say, 1 health unit  left and you'd die and have to do the whole mission over.  SUUUUUCKED.

Id like a flamethrower to burn all the passive bitches. Id say it would be hard though with all the fire trucks puttin out the flame tryin to drown their ass. It would be a race....burn or drown bitch burn or drown.

• Like 1

LOL. Vice City was the first GTA game I ever played (I played GTA3 after that) and I recall the worst was that you still had to go and save manually at your safehouse after a mission. Which sucked if you had very little health left. Step off a curb with, say, 1 health unit left and you'd die and have to do the whole mission over. SUUUUUCKED.

I forgot about that too. It was your ass if you drove up the hill above Mama Maria's or whatever it was called through Mafia land. 50 suits firing shotguns at you from all sides.

I used to make a game out of that. Blaze through there in that black car with the flames down the sides and see if I could survive. I don't recall making it very often.

• Like 2

Those guys were bad enough, but the Colombians around the construction site on the second island were murder.  The hardest thing I've ever done in a game is complete all 12 levels of the ambulance mini-game in GTA3.  Partly it was because if you failed you had to start over at level 1, and partly it was because I had to drive way the hell out of my way to avoid those guys.

• Like 1

LOL. Vice City was the first GTA game I ever played (I played GTA3 after that) and I recall the worst was that you still had to go and save manually at your safehouse after a mission. Which sucked if you had very little health left. Step off a curb with, say, 1 health unit left and you'd die and have to do the whole mission over. SUUUUUCKED.

I forgot about that too. It was your ass if you drove up the hill above Mama Maria's or whatever it was called through Mafia land. 50 suits firing shotguns at you from all sides.

I used to make a game out of that. Blaze through there in that black car with the flames down the sides and see if I could survive. I don't recall making it very often.

The "I've done everything else" mode in GTA San Andreas was inputting the "All Pedestrians Have Guns" cheat, then the "All Pedestrians Riot" cheat, and just... go.

Was actually quite something. Closest thing to a GTA Zombie Apocalypse Simulator. About 1 out of every 100 people would spawn with a rocket launcher so you had to watch your ass even if you grab a helicopter or something.

• Like 1

The thing with your annoying cousin in GTA4 was, no matter how much he hates you, after the mission where you save his life he likes you 100% again.

Funny how pissy people who reverse Supercars towards you get when you blow them up. Especially when they try it again and get blown up a second time. Do they expect us to just take the death like it's not a big deal or what. The second one was funny though, they were backing off like hell (two people in one car. Passenger has auto-aim), so my grenade missed, but then an NPC car comes flying down the road, hits my grenade, blows up, then it's momentum carries it into the Supercar pussies, and they blow up as well. Ha ha.

Riot tells me he's getting an Elgato soon. If he's youtubing, most likely I'm going to be in his vids. I need to get into the habit of shouting "Death! Valley! Driverrr!" every time something cool happens.

• Like 3

Everybody gets pissy about everything in this game. If you come at me with a Buzzard and I snipe you out of it 'cause you're a dumbass, don't get pissy with me. If I blow up your Zentorno 'cause you leave it where I can see it, don't get pissy with me. It's not my fault you keep leaving juicy nuggets of crack for Rob Ford to smoke. I mean, I'm gonna smoke 'em, guaranteed. Spare me the temptation and keep your Zentorno away from me.

The "I've done everything else" mode in GTA San Andreas was inputting the "All Pedestrians Have Guns" cheat, then the "All Pedestrians Riot" cheat, and just... go.

Was actually quite something. Closest thing to a GTA Zombie Apocalypse Simulator. About 1 out of every 100 people would spawn with a rocket launcher so you had to watch your ass even if you grab a helicopter or something.

Oh man, same here.  Also awesome: turning off wanted levels and stickybombing everything and everyone in sight.

Everybody gets pissy about everything in this game. If you come at me with a Buzzard and I snipe you out of it 'cause you're a dumbass, don't get pissy with me. If I blow up your Zentorno 'cause you leave it where I can see it, don't get pissy with me. It's not my fault you keep leaving juicy nuggets of crack for Rob Ford to smoke. I mean, I'm gonna smoke 'em, guaranteed. Spare me the temptation and keep your Zentorno away from me.

I've never understood that.  I mean, if they've spent more than 5 minutes in freemode they ought to know it's the wild west with more powerful weapons.  If I bring personal vehicles in there, I assume they'll get blown up as a matter of course.

Last time melraz and I were on somebody came barreling into the middle of our firefight in a white Zentorno.  He made a run right at me, so I shot him in the face for his trouble and ran a short distance to cover.  Dude immediately goes off the radar like he's gonna get his revenge or something.  I have no idea what for.  I mean, he was trying to kill me when I got him, he just wasn't successful.  I didn't even blow his car up.  I put a sticky bomb on it, but he didn't know that.  I warned melraz to watch out for that Zentorno since guy was off radar.  Soon as I said that, I saw the car about a block away.  Then I gave him something to be pissed about.

I tried to do that to a dude's Zentorno yesterday, but when he didn't immediately get in it, I got impatient and blew the damn thing up.

EDIT: I got bored late last night and got on and tried to do some missions with randoms. I probably tried to play about six missions, and someone tried to run over me in five of them, and in the other one, the guy just stood in one spot while I did all the work.

Two of them were Rooftop, of course, and the asshole wouldn't deliver the briefcase. At least he wouldn't untl he stepped out of his car and got flattened and dropped the briefcase. Then the mission got finished.

One guy messaged me last night through the XBox and asked if I was a modder. I replied "nope" so he wrote back and asked how I got to level 300. I responded "Play a lot." The dude then said it was impossible to get past Level 100 without modding. I'm like "dood, this game's been out for a year. Play lots of missions." He replied with "LOL" and that was that. I dunno if I managed to plant the seed of knowledge in the goof or what.

I'm interested to see if some of the stupid crap carries over to the current-generation game, like the wall breaches. That would add more fuel to my theory that the wall breaches were put into the game by Rockstar as a joke.

Otherwise, some guesses about the PS4/XBox One version:

Time until first reported mod like people shooting at you inside your garage: 7 days

Time until first reported money glitch: 14 days

Time until first reported invincibility glitch: 30 days

It was no going-away party for RUkered. 

"Yeah, fellas, I done got me an XBox One (BA-DING!) - hang on, I gotta respond to this. OK, I'm back. I really wanted to play that (BA-DING!) - hang on, fellas. As I was saying, I wanted to play that new (BA-DING!) - just a second, guys."

I'm gonna plan to get home earlier tonight, hopefully. I haven't had more fun all week than I did in the five minutes of kicking that poor Level 19 around with the help of his "friend" RUkered. I'm such a bully. I don't seek out lower-level players, though, but I don't think much about backing off if they're above single digits. Dude at Level 19 should know better. And if there's a Level 1 standing between us and clearing the room, he's in deep, deep trouble.

It's the Wild Wild West and we're the Four Horsemen. We're cowboys, and on steel horses we ride. We're wanted (WANTED) dead or alive. Mainly dead. For first-degree sniping, felony blowing up personal vehicles, "I'm your buddy, honest" fraud and terroristic acts via car bombing.

• Like 2

Paused the football game just to see if gta online was lookin any better. It aint. Fell through my apartment floor again when i loaded into the best free mode ive ever been in. Back to football

Edit: thought id try it one more time. Got inna purdy good session not as good as the first but purdy good. Ran around pissed off 3 dots blew up 2 vehicles and now its back to football