DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

"Some bad people got away with things so we should keep letting that happen." wow this is strong

This isn't about people getting away with things.  This is about people continuing to work after they've been punished.  I just think people should be able to continue making a living after they've paid the price for what they've done.  I don't really even see why that is controversial.  Greg Hardy is a professional football player, that is his job.  It is what he is most qualified to do.  He should be allowed to do it, because he has been punished as severely as he could legally be punished.  That is not getting away with anything, that is the exact opposite. 

• Like 1

Yall know there are players in the NFL who actually raped girls right? And you talk about them like they're just normal good players.  Greg Hardy and his girlfriend got in a drunken fight.  Wake the fuck up. 

I'm not taking it this far.  What Hardy did was reprehensible.  He's been punished in every, possible, legal way.  They had to walk backAfter that all you have are bad feelings about him, which are understandable.  You don't have to like him, or anything he does.  That doesn't mean that he shouldn't be allowed to do his job.

Personally, if you raped someone or killed dogs or beat a woman half to death I don't think you should have such an awesome job. It's not really specific to Greg Hardy.

This has more to do with you than with him though.  We can't just make up consequences based on what random message board posters think.  He went through the courts, and his employers disipline protocols, and he's allowed to play.  The entire world could think he doesn't deserve to play, but thankfully that isn't how decisions are made.  There is a process.  The process is imperfect, but once someone goes through the process it is over.  We can't throw out the process because some asshole still has a fun job at the end. 

But i think each individual team can make a moral judgment if they want person convicted of X on their team.

A soccer player in england was convicted of rape and when his old team made noise about resigning him, there was such an uproar, including board members quitting, they backed off.

A player has right to play again, but alsoa team should have right not to sign him, for morals or bad pr or something else.

Personally, if you raped someone or killed dogs or beat a woman half to death I don't think you should have such an awesome job. It's not really specific to Greg Hardy.

So this response is my issue with the whole thing- beat a woman half to death? And this is the reaction most people have.

So this response is my issue with the whole thing- beat a woman half to death? And this is the reaction most people have.
Did you see the photos? Have you read the transcripts where she begged him to just kill her and get it over with? And the man has shown ZERO remorse or guilt and thinks he's the victim. He is pondscum on another level and you would have to be real coldblooded to sign him.
  • Like 2

(Picard Disgust.jpg)

I'm out. Peace.

• Like 1

Needed to go digging for this, since the NFL has respectfully disagreed with Mr. Smith's allegations and has given him 1 year off to think about it.