DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

I put a bunch of hours into Spelunky on Steam. Frustratingly great game. If I can get it for PS3, I'll play it even more...

Almost bought a copy of Batman:AA Last week because I was sorta jonesing to replay it. I'll take it for free...

Watch the first boxed game for PS4 be Injustice, which has gone on sale for $15 or less at least 3 times in the past 6 months. :)

I think one major factor in the people satisfied vs dissatisfied with PS+ (not just here, but on the Playstation blog and elsewhere as well) is Vita ownership. A plurality of the PS3 and PS4 games seem to include Vita versions, but the opposite isn't true nearly as often.  I'm not saying people should go out and buy a $200 portable to get their $4 worth from PS+ (I love mine, but it's never taken off anywhere near the extent Sony expected) but it's certainly easier to feel like you've had a strong month when TxK is on the list.

• Like 1

I usually agree with you Tabe, but I'm not sure what you expected as far as free games for a console less than a year old. I wouldn't think we will see anything like the ps3 had available for another year to be honest.

They could have easily done one of the titles I already mentioned - Knack, Infamous, or Killzone - as a freebie.  Or Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag.  I'm not saying I had huge expectations, given the age of the console, but man, it seems like 90% of the offerings have been "random quirky indie title with crappy graphics".

They really should put out launch titles fairly soon. I'm hoping for Knack as I haven't played it yet. Killzone came with my uber bundle. I actually liked it more than expected. Good mechanics, very pretty, decent enough story. 

Dust, Spelunky and Pix the Cat are now available to download in the store. Dust was not shown free via the Playstation but was when I went online via the computer to buy my PS3 games.

So the Driversclub PSN+ thing never happened right? Or at least thats what im reading.

Sony is saying the store hasn't fully updated and that Driveclub should be free for PS+ users by 7pm PDT.

OOPS.  From Playstation Blog:

Hi everyone. As many of you are already aware, the DRIVECLUB team has made the decision to postpone the release of the PlayStation Plus Edition due to multiplayer connectivity issues following the game’s launch yesterday in North America and today in much of Europe. See here for a full statement on the situation from Evolution Studios.

The team is working around the clock to rectify these problems, and we apologize both for the delay in delivering the PS Plus Edition and for any difficulty that you may have connecting to the game’s multiplayer servers.

For live updates on the situation direct from the studio, visit the team’s Facebook page and Twitter feed.

Good grief.  Delayed by almost a year and they still botch the launch.  Will anybody even remember this game by January?

No, which will be a shame.

Although I somewhat suspect that Evolution Studios wouldn't do well with DriveClub (after having played MotorStorm Apocalypse, I just didn't see it).

I really want them to do a PS4 Wipeout game though.

OOPS.  From Playstation Blog:

Hi everyone. As many of you are already aware, the DRIVECLUB team has made the decision to postpone the release of the PlayStation Plus Edition due to multiplayer connectivity issues following the game’s launch yesterday in North America and today in much of Europe. See here for a full statement on the situation from Evolution Studios.

The team is working around the clock to rectify these problems, and we apologize both for the delay in delivering the PS Plus Edition and for any difficulty that you may have connecting to the game’s multiplayer servers.

For live updates on the situation direct from the studio, visit the team’s Facebook page and Twitter feed.

And they haven't had an update in days. 

Any chance these guys are just sleazy indy wrestling promoters? 

"Hey guys we got a call and all of our Mothers are in the hospital, we will be back later tonight to make sure we fix all of the connection errors with the server then okay?"

• Like 2

This ain't exactly a PS+ sale but:

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) is $30 today from PSN

WatchDogs (PS4) is $20 used from Gamefly.com.  If you've never bought from Gamefly before, the case, manual, and online codes are all in brand-new condition on their used stuff.

FIFA 14 (PS4) is $10 used from Gamefly.com

Bunch of "Ultimate Editions" are on PS+ sale right now.  Batman Arkham Origins, Arkham City (which was just free a few months ago), Mortal Kombat, Dead Island, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Saints Row 3 and 4, Borderlands. 

$9 for Blacklist and all its DLC isn't a bad deal.