DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

Yup. I already have everything you mentioned and the RE games that were on sale, ended up snagging Giana Sisters for $3.50 less because of the game (which is a decent enough platformer, well removed from the series' origins as a Mario knockoff) than because at that price I will buy basically anything with a soundtrack by Chris Hulsbeck.

I'm going to go ahead and predict that next month's releases will include Knack, because it's probably the most under-performing of the launch games they're likely to have access to for PS4. I wouldn't be surprised to see Binding of Isaac pop up as the 'indy' PS4 game, simply because it's a well-regarded PC title with pixel art to annoy Tabe, and Sony really likes making PS4 indies Plus-at-launch.

I was always curious about Knack, even after reading all of the bad reviews. I'd gladly check it out. I just got a PS4 this month and don't have much for it. My fingers are crossed for Infamous though.

Might finally grab Catherine for that price. Although I'm not sure when I'll ever get to it.

Scouring IGN I found the following;

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth may be a PlayStation Plus free game in November, according to developer Nicalis founder and producer Tyrone Rodriguez.

“This is the PS+ November game for North America and Europe, so yes,” Rodriguez wrote in response to a question in the comments section of a PlayStation Blog post if it will be free through PS Plus when it releases.

The release date trailer makes my head hurt, and the game trailer isn't much better. I hope Knack is released this month or I am going to stay in the safety of Destiny for all of November.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLtZW3xIix0

I'm going to go ahead and predict that next month's releases will include Knack, because it's probably the most under-performing of the launch games they're likely to have access to for PS4. I wouldn't be surprised to see Binding of Isaac pop up as the 'indy' PS4 game, simply because it's a well-regarded PC title with pixel art to annoy Tabe, and Sony really likes making PS4 indies Plus-at-launch.

Well, I can tell you that the two trailers above do absolutely nothing to pique my interest in the game, that's for sure.  Maybe there's a good game in there somewhere - I don't necessarily hate the art on this one - but it's buried under the worst trailers I've ever seen.

So PSN put up the video for November on YouTube.... It got a massive amount of dislikes and the video is now private. Looks like everything this month is an "indie" release.

Entering the Instant Game Collection

• The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (PS4)
  • SteamWorld Dig (PS4; cross-buy with PS Vita)
  • Frozen Synapse Prime (PS3)
  • Luftrausers (PS3; cross-buy with PS Vita)
  • The Hungry Horde (PS Vita)
  • Escape Plan (PS Vita; cross-buy with PS4)

This is a really, really disappointing month, IMHO.  No AAA titles.  Or AA.  Or A.  Good grief.  I'll give a few of these a try, sure - I'm a sucker for shooters like Luftrausers - but...yeah.  

It's not Netherrealm's best ever game (that's still MK9) but it's got a pretty good system, a ton of characters who all play different enough to be interesting, and a shit ton of single-player content including a LONG, engrossing story mode (which is always important to me in a fighter because I am a hermit).

Definitely happy about Infamous. I was really crossing my fingers that'd be a freebie, since the last 2 were. 

I'll check out Injustice too. Been playing DC Universe Online with a few buds lately.

Enjoyed the hour or so of Steamworld Dig that I played today. Same goes for the Binding of Isaac. (Turn off the filter in the options menu before playing, if you download it)

Oh right, I just read the main title, got excited and probably glossed over "First Light". 

Still pretty good though. I'll probably just download First Light and hold off on it until I eventually get (and finish) Second Son.

I never actually finished the vampire DLC for Infamous 2. Was really burned out by that type of gameplay by that point.