DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Random Bullshit 3-9-15

MGFanJay

Maybe it was really Juan Cena beating up Rusev over the march madness contest with RUSH.

Jesus, Vigo the Carpathian face.  Holy shit is John Cena a shitty heel.  But, hey, Rusev is still a great babyface.

On the plus side, Rusev's toes are adorable when they are simulating a death rattle.

• Like 1

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who loved Terminator Cena beating the shit out of Rusev and I thought it was cool too and a nice change of pace for his character but I do have a couple issues with this. Rusev is losing at WrestleMania. We all know he is losing. Why the hell would you have him look so damn weak a couple weeks prior? 

Also..  Roman Reigns. His role tonight was random guy thrown into a match with Rollins that served to further the feud with Orton.  Huh?  It's 3 weeks away from WM. Why is he not interacting with Lesnar? 

I don't get it. 

Keeping him away from Lesnar and Heyman is probably for the best, since:

a) Heyman is lightyears beyond him on the mic;

b) Lesnar is lightyears beyond him in terms of "it" factor.

Any lustre that's left with this match-up needs to be conserved as much as possible. I'd say I'd be surprised if it went on last at Wrestlemania, but there's nothing that would be any better.

I keep hearing how great Orton is. Why don't i fucking see it? His promos blow. He's plodding. His matches are predictable. "Out of nowhere" = "contrived". I hear others say that he's one of the best in the world so much and think I must not understand pro wrestling.

He's streaky.  His 2011 run was fantastic (granted he spent it feuding with Christian and Mark Henry for a big chunk of the year, so that helps)  His WWE title run that kicked off this whole Authority thing was fascinating in that he kept having great tv matches, and then failing to deliver on ppv.  But he's stale, his act is even more rooted in place than Cena's, and crowds massively stopped giving a shit about him during that last big title run, and only started to again when Rollins took him out and he missed 4 months.

He had really fun runs with Sheamus and Barrett too where they just beat the shit out of each other. His biggest problem to me essentially is that the lazy shitty writers in creative think that "THE APEX PREDATOR THE VIPUH!" sells itself and haven't given him anything remotely interesting to do or say since he was still the Legend Killer...

I don't get "Cena was a prick to Rusev". He said don't talk shit about America, or I will beat your ass. Rusev then talked shit about America, and was given the assbeating he was promised. I actually liked how they got to Cena/Rusev at Mania.

Because for some reason over the last year this board has been obsessed with the idea that Rusev is a baby face.  As is The Authority.  As was Nikki Bella. And the mean ol' babyfaces just treat them bad and do awful things to them.  I don't get it either. 

• Like 1

If they really want to up the celebrity angle quotient, then the following should have happened tonight:

Rusev: I seek revenge on GLG-20 Mr. Charvy Chase for cheating on spy test with eye patch cheat sheet and exploding mobile missile launch and putting FILTHY MOUTH ON HOT GIRL FROM BOSOM BUDDIES!!!

• Like 2

As terrible a show as this was, I'm almost willing to give it a pass because the Connor announcment was the single greatest thing WWE has ever done or will ever do.

• Like 1

Big Show's "UH UH! WRONG!" was pretty much the best thing about the show.

They seem to realize they're gonna lose people for Better Call Saul now cause they don't program jack diddily shit between 10 and 11.

I did like the Orton beatdown at the end because I'm an Orton mark, but man did they drag that shit out.

A) They don't lose viewers to Better Call Saul, the third hour has been more often than not the highest-rated of the show.

B )As much as we all love Saul, I guarantee you that it is not doing the viewer numbers you think it is.  RAW beats it handily in total viewers.  It's not even close.

• Like 1

I don't get "Cena was a prick to Rusev". He said don't talk shit about America, or I will beat your ass. Rusev then talked shit about America, and was given the assbeating he was promised. I actually liked how they got to Cena/Rusev at Mania.

Because for some reason over the last year this board has been obsessed with the idea that Rusev is a baby face.  As is The Authority.  As was Nikki Bella. And the mean ol' babyfaces just treat them bad and do awful things to them.  I don't get it either. 

Worse than anything else, they gave us more evidence tonight that FSW moved from DVDVR creative to WWE creative when he said:

"Back in the real Hulkamania days America was strong..."

Well, we'll know for sure if next week he says:

"Back in Diesel days, America had style and was tall for real too!"

• Like 1

On the other, spending months building up an unstoppable foreign monster heel and then jobbing him on the big money show to the babyface ace is pretty much pro wrestling 101.

Sure but why not have Rusev look fucking strong heading into WrestleMania?  The scenario now is... get ass kicked on RAW to setup match. Get ass kicked again at WrestleMania. That's going to do a lot for him...   sigh.

A loss at Mania won't hurt Cena at all. Hell come out the next night smile say ah shucks and move on to his next angle. Rusev losing pretty much brings his momentum to a sceeching halt, and sets up Rollins, Kane, and Big Show as the heels chasing Reigns.

Rollins has to be winning the title at WM after Reigns beats Brock.   The only thing stopping that mindset right now is Vince going with the usual "making sure the fans leave the show happy" philosophy.  Although in this case Seth Rollins cashing in MITB would be a feel good moment given how much they don't care about Reigns

Rollins has to be winning the title at WM after Reigns beats Brock.   The only thing stopping that mindset right now is Vince going with the usual "making sure the fans leave the show happy" philosophy.  Although in this case Seth Rollins cashing in MITB would be a feel good moment given how much they don't care about Reigns

They could have Mizdow somehow leave with the title.  Scratch that.  The only way to adequately pay of Miz/Mizdow based on what they've written so far is to ski the K12.  Hell, Miz already has a girl who speaks french that he can wager with.

As terrible a show as this was, I'm almost willing to give it a pass because the Connor announcment was the single greatest thing WWE has ever done or will ever do.

Am I a horrible person for thinking that the IWC was going to crap on that announcement because "it's not a wrestler"?  If so, I apologize beforehand.

Am I a horrible person for thinking that the IWC was going to crap on that announcement because "it's not a wrestler"?  If so, I apologize beforehand.

C'mon man they're already stinking up the March Wrestling Discussion thread with this topic...

At this point I wonder if a heel turn and pairing with Heyman would even help salvage Reigns. The fans are no selling his push like Taker vs an early 90's pale skinny mullet headed jobber.

I'd rather see Reigns be with the Authority after H/Steph betray Rollins.  That won't happen.

C'mon man they're already stinking up the March Wrestling Discussion thread with this topic...

So... the IWC has already done so?

Am I a horrible person for thinking that the IWC was going to crap on that announcement because "it's not a wrestler"? If so, I apologize beforehand.

Either that or they will say the wwe are only doing it for the positive PR.